I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Touch of an Angel.

Vår Hiphop - Lyricism

   

2009-04-27 22:49

Touch of an Angel.

So long ago, a brilliant glow died in the frosted snow/
Love takes time to grow and its warmth perish so slow/
But I had no choice, it had to go, peace felt remote/
The tears I cried, dried all up in a river of words I wrote/
I tried, denied, I lied and smiled, but cried so hurt inside/
Provided every option but the truth, just to not decide/
Everything required, every time, just to cease the fire/
To keep a promise I made to not ever let my heart desire/
Then the heavens sent angels to show me the light I lost/
But I refused to see, my frozen heart declined to defrost/
And there in my world of ice, an angel whispered so still/
It shattered the frozen cold into an arctic storm so chill/
That I knew I had to find the sparkle that fires the heat/
Could not retreat, it would just repeat and end in defeat/
And then the circle was complete, I found the course/
A secret that proved me love is the strongest force/

I never dreamed, nor even believed, my heart frozen cold/
A pain growing old, angels behold, I asked for love to hold/
The dice I rolled, but it was foretold, just as dreamed/
Unredeemed of sins, still I gazed at heavens and screamed/
And the sun replied to me, believe and pain will be amenity/
Serenity, quietness of belief, relief of ache, water to aridity/
And for years fool I had been, I stared in the eyes of truth/
Life is magical, when you think you know, it is surprise sleuth/
Gives you a bleeding tooth, lessons of life all feels so true/
From the second we were born to the day we say adieu/
And I saw it through, my heart anew, I always knew/
There was a cause, a reason too, there always do/
In the shadows of dark, there’s been a light so shiny gold/
So close to me, yet a distant sun far away of taking hold/
Like whispers never told, furled in the secrets of time/
No words will disclose, no signs, no sound, gesture or mime/

As my eyes now could see, I saw an angel standing there/
Elegant as the sun, shining bright like a never-ending flare/
Been so unaware, so lost in light I only glimpsed the darkness/
Till she eclipsed the daylight and left me there all breathless/
A gentle caress of the soul, so soft it possesses my heart/
Stole the secret that addresses my love, that tears me apart/
Her love beyond eons and light-years of time and space/
Intense as the grace of God, a beauty of love to embrace/
“Could it be you?” I asked, and the silence echoed so rouse/
It’s always tricky, thorny and complex, love’s a crazy house/
But it’s a long way ahead and hearts can change, rearrange/
Stranger in my heart, tell me some words that won’t derange/
A story without an estrange of love, a fairytale, a fable of hope/
There allure don’t fumble in the gloom, where no one grope/
‘Cause in these rooms of mine there’s only one place left for love/
And I give it to you, as you might find a home I can be a part of/

Amor Vincit Omnia

2009-04-28 11:16
Även om rimmen ibland kan kännas lite klumpiga (missförstå mig rätt) så är det någonting i takten och uppbyggnaden som jag älskar i denna text.
Hälsningar från Finland:
www.johankvarnstrom.com

2009-04-28 11:52
aa riktigt bra... Man fastnar direkt när man börjar läsa
Fuck mainstream and there commersial sound, bigg it up for the underground

2009-04-28 13:05
Tack så jätte mkt.
Lite som att få lön efter ett arbete man har utfört med kärlek. =)

crew> Hehe! Ju, jag förstår vad du menar med rimmen. Hade kunnat bli bättre, men då känns det som om jag skulle förlora på innehåll som måste justeras för att passa in.
Texten byggs upp genom att jag räknar antal syllable (stavelser) per bar så att det stämmer in på åtta takter eller hamnar i sådan ordning att det blir jämna takter (4, 2 - 2 etc.) och efter två bars följer en serie med ord vars uttal innehåller likheter med rimmen. (många gånger inne i själva orden eller ibland t.o.m "baklänges")
Jag bygger liksom in själva takten in i texten. Testa att läsa texten som "spoken word" och lägg märke till hur tungan rör sig i munnen. (Hahahaha!! Jag e mattenörd, det e därför... =P )

Tack åter igen. =)
Amor Vincit Omnia

2009-05-06 00:58
Talangfullt! Blir det audio?
"Jag hatar citat"