Allthough this was one of the best demonstrations I have ever been in Helsinki, there are some criticism that could be made. Sound system was not too loud, apparently for financial reasons. Few people bothered to make lousy speeches. Due to small promotion and lack of leaflets and banners, political purpose of the action was obscure to many. Political graffiti was around, but most prefferred to make tags of their own sets only. In another hand, lack of stereotypical regalia gave action a completely other kind of outlook - that of a pack of disorganised suburban kids making trouble in the centre. And this was indeed the constituency - I do not think there were more than 10 political activists I know around. A true demonstration of the dispossessed, people who have first hand experience from violence of the security corporations. Taking this into account, destructive energy misdirected against historical buildings and critical passers by should be taken as unavoidable collateral damage. I think another change of the route could have minimized damage made to historical centre. In another hand, historical city hall propably deserved tags more than any other building. I was certain, that action would result a huge moral panic and outcry. Surprisingly, this seems not to happen - authorities prefer to be silent about the event. For police, it is for sure benefical - I do not think they would like to reveal how much things got out from hand. No journalists bothered to come around that late. City hall was cleaned from tags during next morning already. In another hand, most of the public does not hear about the demonstration, which is propably only positive because amount of destruction would result an outcry and repression. Since "average people" give a shit about suburban kids getting brutalized by FPS goons, let this be a war between us and the decisionmakers. They got the message for sure, and they know that we will come back if necessary. A.
Ordet klotter får närmast betecknas som ett pejorativ och lämpar sig därför inte i seriösa sammanhang