I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Krs One & Buckshot - Survival Skills

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2009-09-04 12:55

Krs One & Buckshot - Survival Skills

Snart kommer skivan, har grymt stora förväntningar på den, ni kan höra några låtar här, Länk till http://www.duckdown.com/website/index.html

After making their indelible marks on the game luminaries KRS-One and Buckshot, arguably two of the games most prolific emcees, will link up to give fans a collaborative album entitled Survival Skills. The project will be released on Duck Down Records, September 15th, 2009. Guest features include Mary J Blige, Talib Kweli, Bounty Killer, Pharoahe Monch, K'NAAN, Immortal Technique, Slug of Atmosphere, Melonie Fiona, Sean Price, Rock of Heltah Skeltah, Smif N Wessun, DJ Revolution, and Naledge of Kidz in the Hall. Production features include Havoc of Mobb Deep, 9th Wonder, Black Milk, Nottz, Ill Mind, Marco Polo, Khrysis!, Coptic, Moss, DJ Mentplus.

“Ever since 1993 we’ve been passing each other on tour or in the studio saying, one day we should tour together, or one day we should do a record together,” says KRS of the long-awaited union. “Well finally myself and Buckshot have the chance to collaborate on a straight up and down MC’in project.”

For all of their individual accomplishments, KRS-ONE and Buckshot remain fans of each other’s work; complementing each other’s strengthens. “That’s still KRS-One at the end of the day. I didn’t know how to rhyme back when I first started listening to Kris,” says Buck alluding to his partner’s dominant history. In turn, KRS gives all praises to the Black Moon front man. “I am the humble teacher on the track, Buckshot is clearly the man,” he says.

Still gritty tracks like “Clean Up,” featuring Rock of Heltah Skeltah and the politically minded “Running Away” featuring Immortal Technique, make Survival Skills a Hip-Hop fan’s dream, catering to those that love lyrics and the boom-bap. Equally as rich is the album’s Black Milk-produced track, “The Way I Live” featuring the Queen of hip-hop soul, Mary J. Blige. Together they create a triumphant anthem for all those on the grind trying to conquer their dreams. The song’s summery feel and soothing melodies make it an instant hit.

Throughout, both veterans sound as hungry and invigorated as any of their rap counterparts. “Projects like these are projects that motivate me,” KRS says. “The idea to work with another MC that has his own persona and style and do a real collaboration in the studio, that’s motivation. I already got 16 albums of my own,” he adds.

What KRS-One and Buckshot have created is an album that is socially responsible, lyrically sharp and sonically banging. Buckshot sums it up best, “Hip-Hop was started as an option to not killing each other. We were in the ghettos and we were real fucked up. We created Hip-Hop so we didn’t have to do that anymore.”

“The album is called Survival Skills, because that is what it takes.”

1) Survival Skills featuring DJ Revolution (Produced By Ill Mind)

2) Robot (Produced By Havoc of Mobb Deep)

3) The Way I Live featuring Mary J Blige (Produced By Black Milk)

4) Clean Up Crew featuring Rock of Heltah Skeltah (Produced By Ill Mind)

5) Oh Really featuring Talib Kweli (Produced By Marco Polo)

6) Connection featuring Smif N Wessun (Produced By Moss)

7) Runnin Away featuring Immortal Technique (Produced By Black Milk)

8) Think Of All The Things featuring K'NAAN (Produced By DJ Mentplus)

9) One Shot featuring Pharoahe Monch (Produced By Nottz)

10) Amazin featuring Sean Price & Loudmouf Choir (Produced By Khrysis!)

11) Hear No Evil (Produced By Khrysis!)

12) Murder 1 featuring Bounty Killer (Produced By Coptic)

13) We Made It featuring Slug of Atmosphere (Produced By Ill Mind)

14) PAST * PRESENT * FUTURE featuring Melanie Fiona and Naledge of Kidz in the Hall (Produced By 9th Wonder)

http://duckdown82.tumblr.com/