Lil Dap - Nytt Album - I-A Dap (August 5)
In other news, '90s emcee Lil Dap from Group Home has finally finished preparing his solo debut. I-A-Dap will be released August 5th on Babygrande Records.After appearing on Hard To Earn as part of The Gang Starr Foundation, Group Home released the seminal Livin' Proof in 1995, spawning the undergrounds hits "The Realness," "Livin' Proof," and "Superstar." Production was handled by DJ Premier, with executive production by Gang Starr. When the outfit returned four years later with 1999's A Tear For The Ghetto, the relationship with Gang Starr had soured, and so had the audience. The album was critically and commercially panned, leaving the group divided. Lil Dap reportedly relocated to Poland, occasionally releasing twelve-inch singles back into the U.S.Production on I-A-Dap, the debut 14 years after the artist appeared on "Speak Ya Clout," includes Large Professor and The Alchemist, along with Dap. There is no word yet if Melachi The Nutcracker, the other half of Group Home will be appearin
GROUP HOME’S LIL DAP ANNOUNCES HIS LONG AWAITED DEBUT, “I-A-DAP,” STREETING AUGUST 5th ON BABYGRANDE RECORDS A founding member of legendary hip-hop crew Group Home, Lil Dap is a product of the renowned New York mid-nineties "golden age" of hip-hop that spawned such classic groups as M.O.P., Gang Starr & many more. Group Home’s widely hailed release, Living Proof, solidified Dap as a frontrunner of this widely renowned and respected era and has since seen him touring the world in preparation for his highly anticipated solo debut. With “I-A-DAP,” Dap brings the sound pioneered by such groups as Group Home and Gang Starr (of which Dap also had a hand in forming) full circle, with a little help from such contemporaries as Guru (of Gang Starr).Also featuring production by Large Professor, Big Noyd and Alchemist, “I-A-DAP” is Lil Dap’s long awaited solo opus and a reinvigoration of the classic "golden age" sound that both defined and continues to influence an entire generation of emcees.