I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Young Jeezy intervju

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2007-07-16 08:55

Young Jeezy intervju

WorldWideConnected.com: How hard was it for you to get your shit to jump off?

That shit was work! That shit was hard work! Especially with all the shit that was going on at the time. I had a lot of shit going on. Real shit, not rap shit!

WorldWideConnected.com: The positive shit always comes back to you!

Exactly! That's why you got to be positive!

WorldWideConnected.com: I know it don't stop with the rap game because you do a lot of good charity stuff too!

Yeah because when you was growing up you didn't have shit and once you get it you want to give back. I didn't have shit where I come from! What I wanted I had to go out there and get that shit the real way and not the way that a lot of niggas get they shit. I had to go out there and get that shit for real! Once you are in a better position you got to help.

WorldWideConnected.com: How did all of your success effect you as a man knowing where you came from and what you went thru?

To be honest with you it just now set in recently. I got in the studio with them and seen all the shit I did and realized what I did I just started to see it because when you do a lot of shit you don't look behind you because you just look forward.

I just kept pushing and by the time "Soul Survivor" hit there was so much shit before that I was ready to keep it moving.

WorldWideConnected.com: Everybody knows that song, worldwide!

When me, and Konvict did that song I told him "This is some real shit right here." He represents the struggle his way and I represent it my way and we got together and it was like everybody was included. We had something for everybody on there! It don't matter what city you from because it is going down and all you know is that the shit is real.

WorldWideConnected.com: I remember when you came out with the "Snowman T-shirts." Why was everybody trippin' with that?

People don't understand what they don't know. When people don't understand shit they try to attack it. That is why they was making a big deal about it but in the hood it was good. I have something for people that represents me and that is why I do what I do.

WorldWideConnected.com: You are a voice for so many people!

Right!

WorldWideConnected.com: I don't like to compare rappers but people look at you almost how they looked at Pac!

Niggas tell me that and that is why I go so hard on this and that is why I believe in Thug Motivation so much. A lot of niggas out here are actors and do what they do to get paper and I cant knock that but this is all I got. This has to work for me so I cant do nothing but be real about it. When people don't understand something they stay away from it but I totally understand this shit. I aint straying away form them and I'm gonna stay right here and keep it hood and I'm gonna keep doing what I am doing. I'm gonna keep making good music and keep making niggas doing their thang and keep them happy. I feel like I'm doing my part and doing my job. I'm giving back baby!

WorldWideConnected.com: Before you blew up with rappin' you said you was out in the streets, how did you make it thru all of that out there?

Shit, I couldn't even tell you. I sit and think about it sometimes, but I am just glad I'm here man. I don't regret nothing because I wouldn't be the nigga I am today but it is funny that I went thru that shit. When I was going thru it I didn't know they was going thru it at the time until we met each other. I wouldn't call it fate but that is just what it is. I feel like when I was doing it that this is where I was headed and I am here now. If this wasn't where I was headed, shit I would be somewhere