I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

jigga intervju från 96'

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2005-10-12 16:42

jigga intervju från 96'

unkut.com

Continuing the throw-back interviews from my tape vaults, today’s session features an excited Jay-Z as he chops it up with Westwood, shortly before the release of Reasonable Doubt. A lotta memories on this one – remember when Hov was talking about “this is gonna be my only album”? Speaking of broken promises, right after Ice Cube dropped Amerikkka’s Most Wanted, he was quoted as saying he was only doing one more album before he called it quits, since “motherfuckers get sick of you if you’re in their face too much”. If only the “Bitch Killa” had heeded his own advice and stopped rapping after Death Certificate, he could have stepped off at the top of the game….

But back to Jay, during this interview it’s clear that he’s enjoying the initial success of “Ain’t No Nigga” as it began tearing up the clubs, and he’s brimming with confidence when discussing his soon-to-be classic debut. He also touches on speaks about his early days rolling with The Jaz, and introduces a little label by the name of Rocafella Records before he drops a couple of verses over Funkmaster Flex rocking doubles of Sadat X’s “Stages and Lights” beat.

Jay-Z Radio Interview & Freestyle (Tim Westwood’s Radio 1 Rap Show, 1996).

chase the clouds away