I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

The Game loses to Tony Yayo's album sales

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2005-09-10 18:17

The Game loses to Tony Yayo's album sales

The Game's plan to sabotage Tony Yayo's first week sales by urging fans to re-purchase his own Documentary album appears to have been foiled, though the Compton lyricist did benefit from a small sales boost.

Yayo's Thoughts of a Predicate Felon hit stores last Tuesday and dropped in at #2 on the Billboard 200 charts by selling 214,687 CDs units according to Nielsen's Soundscan. Simultaneously last week, The Game's The Documentary sold 7184 copies - just 166 more than it did the prior week.

As previously reported by SOHH.com, to disrupt sales of Yayo's album, Game called on all his fans to hit stores and cop a second copy of The Documentary. He sent the message via numerous online forums, including Chuck Taylor's www.theblackwallstreet.com.

The message read, "The day Yayo's album drop, I want everyone who can to go out and re-cop The Documentary! Anyone who does so can send the album in to The Black Wallstreet offices & I will personally sign it & send it back with a copy of my new mixtape Ghost Unit (Life After 300 Bars). If you can't afford it, don't do it but if you can let's go out & kill these motherfucker's until 50 & Sha is Irv & Ja . G-Unot!"

Hurricane Game's "public service announcement" was also sent out in mp3 format from "the nice folks at Black Wall Street Records" and was being distributed across the web by Game supporters, who vowed to support Game's plan and re-buy The Documentary on August 30th, the day Thoughts of a Predicate Felon was released.

The Game's Documentary has been out since January 18th and has sold 2,203,004 sets to date according to Soundscan.

I'm Rich Bitch