I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Guess who's back?! Ja Rule & hans alter-ego Loki!!

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2005-05-29 11:26

Guess who's back?! Ja Rule & hans alter-ego Loki!!

Ja Rule plans to make some noise with his next two recordings. The first is a straight-ahead rap record, but the second is planned as an in-your-face concept album told through his alter-ego, Loki.

“It’s a crazy album — I wanted to do something different for the people with some new sounds and some new music,” says the rapper, who will perform at 9 p.m. May 28 at the opening of Nikki Beach Club at Resorts.

“It’s going to be very controversial, the things that I say on it. It’s no holds barred. Loki’s not politically correct — he’s a person who speaks for the little people, all the people in the ‘hood, all the minorities — that’s who Loki represents.”

Ja Rule, whose real name is Jeffrey Atkins, also will be sending a message to 50 Cent, his arch hip-hop rival . The two have been feuding for the past five years.

“I got some things for him — he got it coming his way, trust me,” says Ja Rule, who also called 50 Cent an unprintable expletive. “His downfall is going to be worse than MC Hammer .

“I’m going to touch on a lot of situations —I told you Loki is no-holds barred.”

Both albums will be released on a new label, marking a break from Def Jam, Ja Rule’s long-time home.

Since his 1999 debut, Ja Rule has been one of the biggest sellers in rap, with hit albums including “Venni Vetti Vecci,” “Rule 3:36,” “Pain Is Love,” “The Last Temptation,” and “R.U.L.E.”

“There ain’t going to be nothing regular about (the new album),” he says. “I’m still working on it. I don’t want to put a date on it and pressure myself. I just want to do it.”

Although he declined to name the new home for his label, Empire, sources say it’s going to be Atlantic.

“I’m a free agent,” he says. “I’m going to play ball on another team.”

Läs resten här