I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Download : Komposti Sound Lovers Mix I

Övrig musik - Reggae & Dancehall

2007-04-01 11:54

Download : Komposti Sound Lovers Mix I

Here's a lovers mix I made for the Finnish reggae website Fi-reggae.com . Good lovers tunes from this and last year, couple of brand new tracks & few dubs thrown in ..

Tracklist in the download thread:
http://www.fi-reggae.com/read.php?8,118220

My initiation to different areas of reggae music has been a slow and gradual process. When I got interested in reggae. I started my musical journey on heavy 70s roots as usual and slowly got closer to the here and now, slowly starting to hear what it's all about in digital dancehall music and modern one drop. One thing I couldn't quite understand, though, was modern JA lovers. At first, it seemed all too sweet and covered in way too much cheese for me to enjoy. A couple of years ago, after having fallen in love with the '67-68 rocksteady sounds (with love as the primary subject matter in nearly all the great tracks from the era) I took my first trip to Jamaica. As I was quite familiar with the fresh cultural one drop tracks & dancehall hits of the time, what made the biggest impression on me musically was the early warm up segment of the dances.

Arriving in the session early, a little after 1 am, you are immediately engulfed in a musical fabric as sweet and thick as the Guinness you're sipping on. Voices of big singers like Sanchez, Daville, Terry Linen, Richie Stephens etc you rarely got to hear at a dance in Finland doing their tunes on versions of classic riddims got big forwards from the growing crowd that had already found their way into the lawn. Almost everybody is singing along and the mellow and peaceful mood has a promise of a great session ahead..

The last two years lovers tunes have been played more frequently in Finland and nowadays some of the sweet tunes like Richie Spice's Brown Skin can actually catch a big forward at a dance. What I wanted to do is to mix a showcase of the best & favorite lovers tunes from this and last year, mixing some already better known stuff with the brand new tunes hot off the press. A couple of dubs have been thrown in just to spice up things but as it's all about love nobody's getting killed this time ..

Tune in & fulljoy the vibes!