Riff Knives - Street Lights Här är texten till en ny låt som vi snart ska spela in med Riff Knives. Brukar ju inte skriva så mycket ballader men här är en till alla nyligen dumpade lirare därute. Hoppas ni känner den och kom gärna med synpunkter! Vers1What doesn’t break you makes you-(upptakt) Stronger (på ettan), that’s old news, you still want herYou will mourn her but tell your friends no problemNo longer feeling her sweet scent on your collarThe weak weeks that follow don’t call herYour sorrow so dark it swallows your true colorsDon’t wallow in the thought she’ll be yours to tomorrowThe hope in your heart for the heavenly fatherLike dope it will rot and most definitely scar youFeeling down although it’s hard – driveAway those memories from your hard driveIn the mean-time I would maintainDrooling like a dog for that cat I can’t tameCouldn’t believe she’d trip my psyche and consciousnessWhen she who used to give me kicks like Nike sponsorshipsAt last I surfaced and if there’s a purposeIt is this song but she isn’t worth itRefrMy fans are the street lights that shineOn my last walk home from youSinging songs that have come to endSongs I’ll remember but never sing againVers2You stop and think it over then go on and phone herProceeding like a permanent sperm donor Eyes working, but your mind is lying(In a sofa) love makes you blindThat’s an EX-aggeration, get it? It’s more like you ain’t sober The EX marks the spot like a damn cobraAnd the hangover at the least lasts for weeks, if it never ceasesWe learn to live with it but it never leaves us She’s as gone as a car in sixty secondsHe’s alone in the dark and swiftly beckonsIndeed it’s one of life’s hard and shitty lessonsSeeing that heart in the bark and miss the essence Of her, in winter conditions, it can go - betterCarved letters of lovers covered by snow – weatherI’m going to stand tall or not stand at allSummer say I should be like a spring when I fallRefr