I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Dennis Hopper är ansvarig för HipHopens succe lol

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2010-06-24 15:01

Dennis Hopper är ansvarig för HipHopens succe lol

bortgångne skådespelar-gubben Dennis Hopper är tydligen ansvarig för HipHopens etablering i staterna under 80-talet.
läste det här på en blog..
debitera

..this guy is a legend in so many ways. here's something that not too many know about

one of the things he helped establish was -- TADAM! yup, believe it or not - Rap/HipHop music!!!!

back in 88, he directed a movie called "Colors" - which was the fírst take on the Crip/Blood gang-wars in L.A.
along with the movie, came a soundtrack - which Dennis Hopper was an associate producer for - he helped handpick tracks by then unknown rappers/producers like Ice-T, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, Salt 'N' Pepa, Eazy-E and songs produced by Dr. Dre

the soundtrack took off - and became one of the first gold-records in HipHop-music (i think Run-DMC went gold before this soundtrack came out in 88)
because of the big success of this soundtrack, every artist involved with that project could establish their own namebrand success and evolve from there.
The soundtrack helped solidify HipHop in mainstream-music - and served more as an introduction to a more street-oriented style of rap-music.
The rapper, Ice-T (who had enormous success with the theme-song of the movie "Colors"), went on to create a sub-genre in HipHop called "Gangsta Rap"

The "Colors"-soundtrack, has been aknowledged by veterans in HipHop for a long time

not only did this man re-arrange Hollywood in the late 60's with "Easy Rider", the old bastard gave us HipHop as well. lol

Rest In Peace, Mr Hopper

Denna användare har skrivit alla inlägg där användaren har tagits bort från whoa.