I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Grand Puba signar med BabyGrande, planerar "Retroactive"

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2009-03-17 09:45

Grand Puba signar med BabyGrande, planerar "Retroactive"

goda nyheter även om jag hört dåliga saker om hans sista album från 2001 men har inte själv hört den. Puba förblir dock en fantastiskt grym MC så det här kan man bara se fram emot.
Från HipHopDX.com:

After releasing Brand Nubian's last album, 2004's Fire In The Hole, and Lord Jamar's 2006 solo debut, The 5 Percent Album, New York's Babygrande Records will play home to group front-man Grand Puba, for the emcee's fourth album, Retroactive.

The New Rochelle, New York veteran emcee began his career as a member of Masters Of Ceremony, before finding great success for 15 years alongside Sadat X, Jamar and DJ Alamo as Brand Nubian. The quartet supplied Hip Hop fans with such hits as "Slow Down" and "Step To The Rear," as well as seminal abrasive classic "Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down" and evocative single "Love Me Or Leave Me Alone."

Grand Puba Maxwell was one of the first emcees, along with Scarface, to chase solo success while existing in a thriving group. His 1992 album Reel To Reel was acclaimed, while 1995's Jazz and Philadelphia Soul-inspired 2000 prompted the hit "I Like It." Eight years ago, Puba released Understand This, and has remained relatively quiet in the years since.

In 2005, Puba did make two major label appearances on both Missy Elliot's The Cookbook and Beanie Sigel's The B. Coming albums.

Babygrande's CEO Chuck Wilson said, "Grand Puba is the father to so many styles in hip-hop. Its good to have him back--the game needs him. We have a great relationship with Brand Nubian and we had so much success with Lord Jamar's solo release in 2006 that it only makes sense to keep it in the family."

No information was yet given for Retroactive, but the release is promised for June 23.

Keep CD alive