I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Citat om Hip Hop

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

   
Producent

2008-09-11 19:23

Citat om Hip Hop

Skriv vad olika artister sagt om hip hop, gamet eller musik i allmänhet. Allstså inte utdrag från raptexter, det måste gjorts hundra såna trådar redan. Här är några:



Well, a lot of people within government and big business are nervous of Hip Hop and Hip Hop artists, because they speak their minds. They talk about what they see and what they feel and what they know. They reflect what's around them.
Afrika Bambaataa


I don't even look at it like underground and mainstream, somebody made those terms up. There's good music and there's bad music. I'm just trying not to compromise with that radio shit.

Madlib


I not only wanted to showcase lyrical skills but also continue to drop knowledge on the hiphop community. I'm looking to elevate through my music, and through my music I educate.

Talib Kweli


2008-09-11 22:36
Mos Def:
Hip-hop is beautiful to me cuz it always challenges Americas notion of what they believe, young, disenfranchised people to be. Like these people, us, who are supposed to be like the bottom of society, not know anything, not have like one good idea, come up with like breaking!
http://www.myspace.com/choysmusic
DJ

2008-09-11 22:50
"I remember when the worst thing you could be was a sell-out. Then the sell-outs started running things"
- Talib Kweli

2008-09-12 19:55
Yes, my raps are filled with rage. You have to be logical. If I know that in this hotel room, they have food and I knocked on the door every day to eat and they let me see the party, let me see them throwing salamis all over the place, just like throwing food around! and they telling me there's no food in here. Every day I'm standing outside trying to sing my way in, "we're hungry please let us in". After about a week that song gonna change to "we hungry. we need some food". After 2-3 weeks it's like "gimmie our food, we be breakin down the door!!", after a year it's just like "I'm pickin the lock, commin thru the door blastin!!" you know what I'm sayin?! It's like you hungry, you reached your level. We asked 10 years ago, we was asking with the panthers, we was asking with the civil rights movement, we was asking! Those people who asked are all dead or in jail, so.... what do you think we're gonna do? Ask?

Tupac
 

2008-09-13 13:14
to me music is so powerful and beautiful that if you took a picture of it, i believe thats what God would look like. to me music is both medicine and ministry

cee-lo
 

2008-09-13 14:08
"Fuck Soulja Boy, eat a dick!"
- Ice T
de har aldrig krigat, rånat, hustlat eller snott, eller fattat att man formas av den plats där man bor
Producent

2008-09-13 17:10
haha den sista va riktigt intressant :D Fyll på med fler!

2008-09-13 22:33


"Hip Hop is not dead, it just lives under occupation. But there is a guerrilla force out there fighting and it is not just rappers but the people who make up these communities and support real music, especially independent street music." – Immortal Technique

2008-09-15 19:12
"..You got Hiphop, then you got Hip-pop.."
Binary Star



Choys P22
Riktigt bra citat från "The Freshest Kids"
RICOSTJÄRT ROCKÄRS

2008-09-15 19:33
Fan vad jag har svårt för Immortal Technique. En hycklande konspiratoriker.
Watch me get down in your Province, town, or populace
Cause in my life, rhyme is Prime, posses the matrix like Optimus

2008-09-15 23:01

QNS-D P24, på vilket sätt är Immortal technique en hycklare????

2008-09-16 11:03
QNS-D

skulle det inte vara för att du var en hycklande ssu-ordförande så kanske man skulle kunna skriva under på att immortal technique ibland var lite väl konspiratorisk.

men nu vet man inte vad du menar. är han en hycklande konspiratoriker för att han är socialist och inte du är det, eller vad är det frågan om?
Producent

2008-09-17 19:13
A certain administration which I won't call by name took the arts out of the schools, and that left the brothers out on the street with nothing, so they went to the turntables and started rhyming. Then they had a way to express themselves, and that's the birth of hip-hop.
Isaac Hayes




I remember when I was coming up, the music stores where you could get guitar strings was where I got my records from. Now the place where you get your records from is where you can get your DJ mats and your mixers.
Jam Master Jay

2008-09-17 22:55
socials:

Absolut. Det är ju kul att hyckla dammit.

Menar bara att han har en tendens att vara revolutionär i sina texter, men ibland missa den stora bilden. That's all.
Watch me get down in your Province, town, or populace
Cause in my life, rhyme is Prime, posses the matrix like Optimus