I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

RZA presenterar 7 låtar från Wu-Tang's nya album "8 Diagrams"

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

   

2007-10-01 13:32

RZA presenterar 7 låtar från Wu-Tang's nya album "8 Diagrams"

REUNITED
With the whole Clan ready to swarm, RZA proves why Wu-Tang still ain't nothin' to fuck wit'!

FOR RZA, ENTERING the Wu-Tang Clan's fifth chamber has been tougher than Chinese arithmetic. Ever since the iconic supergroup dropped their fourth disc, Iron Flag, in 2001, varying degrees of drama-ranging from Ol' Dirty's death in '04 to Ghostface's hesitancy to lay vocals-delayed Wu's long-awaited comeback. Despite their differences, the Clan once again formed like Voltron to work on 8 Diagrams, a disc chock full of Ghostface verses, kung fu samples and even a new "torture" skit. Not since "Da Mystery of Chessboxin'" has the Clan held such a carefully guarded secret. The Abbot sheds light.

"LIFE CHANGES" PRODUCED BY RZA
That's a song that we dedicated to ODB. I put together an old Freda Payne sample and classic Wu-sounding drums. We originally started it for Dirty's album that never came out. Each Clan member says eight bars a piece to Dirty. It starts off with Method Man, and he has this one line that I love: "Ol' Dirty, in your honor/I've grown a fetish for loose women and baby mamas."

"YOU CAN'T STOP ME NOW" PRODUCED BY RZA
It sounds like a black western. I had John Frusciante play lead guitar. The sample we played over comes from an old song, "Message to the Black Man." There's been many versions, but we referenced a reggae one. I rap on this, and I'm talking about how I started off as a smalltime hustler, but kept going, amidst death threats. To fight depression, I would make beats that became songs, which became hits. Then, Rebel INS and Ghostface come on.

"THUG WORLD" PRODUCED BY RZA
That's just hardcore, ghetto. Shavo Odadjian's bass-playing is crazy on this. The beat is just fuckin' wild cowboy-style. Deck sets it off, Raekwon and myself have ill verses on it, and U-God comes in. I'd compare the beat's energy to "Method Man."

"WATCH YOUR MOUTH" PRODUCED BY DJ SCRATCH, CO-PRODUCED BY RZA
This is potentially the first single. Scratch came in with some beats he had made with Wu-Tang in mind. But for this album, I've been using instrumentation, so I added those elements to Scratch's beat. Every Clan member threw a verse on it. It's a throwback to "Protect Ya Neck," with that same impulse. The original title was "You Better Watch Your Muthafuckin' Mouth," but that wouldn't work for radio.

"TITLE TBD" PRODUCED BY RZA
I love The Beatles' "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." I've always been warned not to sample Beatles songs because you can't clear them, but I wanted to take a chance. I had a mutual friend link me with Dhani Harrison, George's son, who just happens to be a huge Wu fan. I thought, imagine if George Harrison's son played on a new version of his father's song. Meth, Rae, and Ghost are on it, each a different perspective the dope game. The Beatles meets Wu-Tang, on a song about drugs? That's incredible.

"WOLVES" PRODUCED BY RZA
There's Method Man, Masta Killa and U-God. The way U-God sets this fuckin' record off...he's underated, but he won't be after this album. He's as powerful on this song as "Raw I'ma give it to ya, with no trivia" . The beat has a vocal sample for pulse, and I used a multi-layered clap snare. I played guitar myself on it, and DJ Mathematics scratched some ODB vocals. DJ Scratch's brother is a trumpet player, and he plays a line I wrote.

"TAKE IT BACK" PRODUCED BY EASY MO BEE, CO-PRODUCED BY RZA
I had to make a confession to Mo-he's the first person I ever saw with an

http://www.myspace.com/deadlykanha

2007-10-01 13:34
"TAKE IT BACK" PRODUCED BY EASY MO BEE, CO-PRODUCED BY RZA
I had to make a confession to Mo-he's the first person I ever saw with an SP-1200. He produced the B-side to my first single, "Ohh, We Love You Rakeem," as well as GZA's . He's the one who inspired me to get an SP-1200; he helped me become a producer. At first, he just played drums on "Campfire" , but then he played me a beat, and I had the Clan rip it up, talking about what's missing in the game today-the heart.
http://www.myspace.com/deadlykanha

2007-10-01 13:43
översätt
 

2007-10-01 13:47
översätt
ses

2007-10-01 13:52
make me
http://www.myspace.com/deadlykanha

2007-10-01 13:58
Fan, Life Changes verkar vara jävligt fet.
your heart pump project kool-aid

2007-10-01 13:58
grymt, förväntansfull som bara den
www.myspace.com/dressyourself

2007-10-01 14:41
översätt? seriöst?
I was surrounded by powerful entitys of angelic emergence

2007-10-01 14:48

Ny torture skit, vilket bottennapp. Och vadå "but that wouldn't work for radio"... Och... nåjaa, kanske man skippar det bittra här.


Skivan kan mycket väl bli mycket bra.

Hälsningar från Finland:
www.johankvarnstrom.com

2007-10-01 15:08
väldigt seriöst
 

2007-10-01 15:09
JAG ÄSLSKAR!
"who's callin' the shots? we hit that man first..."<br><br>Disatisfaction bring change

2007-10-01 15:22
verkar fett men vill ha mer GZA i låtarna.

2007-10-01 15:39
Det här kommer bli en så tung skiva, det garanterar jag. RZA verkar ha förstått vad det är vi vill ha som Wu-fans, men med åren så har han blivit en ännu duktigare producent.. De flesta av hans senaste produktioner har ju varit fantastiska (blade 3, afro samurai, m.m.).. Jag ser mest fram emot "Life Changes" (hörde liveversion på youtube och den låter mkt bra) och "My Guitar Gently Weeps". Så som den beskrivs får den mej att dra paralleler till "Babies" som ju förmodligen var bästa spåret från "Iron Flag". 1 och en halv månad kvar nu!
Keep CD alive

2007-10-01 17:20
det här låter sjukt...
Lyrical Kung Fu So Do Ur Kung Fu If U Know Kung Fu!

2007-10-01 17:52
maomakke, trubbel i grundskolan eller?
 

2007-10-01 18:04
Kommer bli fett
You remind me of school on a Sunday, No class
/Pick It Up- Redman

2007-10-01 18:51
claaa7 P2

haha samma här! Gently weeps får mig oxå o tänka på babies..
http://www.myspace.com/deadlykanha

2007-10-01 23:56
Finally.
Denna användare har skrivit alla inlägg där användaren har tagits bort från whoa.

2007-10-02 12:27
haha översätt! släpp mig,ni kanske borde hänga i svensk hiphop ist
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007-10-02 12:38
Tydligen uppskjutet till December enligt rykten :/
this is for my niggas and my nymphos, non stop bangin like a dilla instrumental
Graffare

2007-10-02 13:00
Julskämt etna ;)
 

2007-10-02 13:34
Låter jävligt lovande!
Fucka ur!

2007-10-02 13:43
Det stämmer mycket väl, och nu har man tydligen gjort klart att Eykah Badu kör refrängen, låter spännande, trots att ja ville ha Winehouse på reffen, hade passat perfekt med beatet o samplingen...

_______________________________

Monday, October 01, 2007
**Wu-Tang clears First Ever Beatles Sample**
Category: Music
The Legendary Hip-Hop group, Wu-Tang Clan, has recently cleared the first ever Beatles sample for their upcoming Album, 8 Diagrams.
The group was originally schedueled for a November 13th release but due to the magnitude of the sample and the History being made, 8 Diagrams will now impact on December 4th.
Special Thanks to Danny Harrison & Erykah Badu for helping bring this song to life!! Also Thanks to The Harrison Estate & The Beatles for helping make this possible!!
8 DIAGRAMS COMING SOON!!!
-Peace
http://www.myspace.com/deadlykanha

2007-10-02 14:17
Det är ju dock inte en sampling eftersom låten är ju interpolerad. Lär vara mycket lättare att cleara på det sättet.
this is for my niggas and my nymphos, non stop bangin like a dilla instrumental

2007-10-02 14:32
tungt tungt tungt!! väntar med förväntningar
Wanna brawl dog my team love the sports<br> 26 november kulturhuset

2007-10-02 16:14
etna P23

Ne inte som du tror tyvärr.
Folk blir fan stämda idag för att 1-2 sekunders riff låter som andras låtar. Båda fallen är "plagiat"
http://www.myspace.com/deadlykanha

2007-10-02 16:22
Nej, båda fallen är inte "plagiat".. Sampling är snarare stöld, och MYCKET svårare att cleara!
 http://www.rocbattle.com/JakkDaVinci

2007-10-02 16:36
Same-old, jag vet att det är olagligt att göra båda utan tillåtelse från upphovsmannen, men det är lättare att få en interpolerad snutt clearad.
this is for my niggas and my nymphos, non stop bangin like a dilla instrumental

2007-10-02 16:55
vilken låt skulle erykah badu vara med menar ni?? och etna, var har du hört december ryktet - tanken är väl att den ska släppas samma dog som ODB dog..
Keep CD alive

2007-10-02 18:23
Grymt med Erykah Badu på plattan.. Hon nämner trotsallt wu i hennes första skiva.

"You need to pick yo afro daddy because its flat on one side.You need to pick yo
afro daddy because its flat on one side (what you waitin on?). Well if you
don't pick yo afro, you're gonna have one side high.
You said you was gon take me to see Wu-Tang baby, so I braided my hair(yes you
did).You said you was gon take me to see Wu-Tang baby, so I braided my hair(yep
cornroll & every thang baby). But you changed your mind and said we wasn't
goin, but my momma saw you there (yes she did.....no check this out). Well I be
blowin up yo pager daddy, but you never call back. Well I be puttin in 9-1-1
baby, but you never call me back... no no. See if you don't know how to use
that pager daddy, I'm gonna take that hoe back."

2007-10-02 18:48
this is for my niggas and my nymphos, non stop bangin like a dilla instrumental