I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Lil Flip Intervju

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2007-03-23 17:45

Lil Flip Intervju

WorldWideConnected.com:  What has been the delay on the album?

Well it was leaked but I look at that as being a good thing because I went in and recorded over twenty five new tracks.

WorldWideConnected.com: When is it coming out?

It will be out in two weeks on March 27th! On my album there is live instruments, live drums, live guitars, and all kinds of different shit. The people will be happy with it. Hold on real quick!
"Brief pause while Flip takes another cal."
I'm sorry that was a call for me telling me I am going to be on Celebrity Death Match!

WorldWideConnected.com: That's crazy dawg! When you put out your underground shit, did you ever think it would get this big?

I really didn't realize how big DJ Screw was. When I was in High School I would do shows on the weekend and I would freestyle off of other people's beats, so it was kind of weird for me to not even be performing original songs. No, I didn't know it was gonna be this big!

WorldWideConnected.com: Houston
has had a lot of success lately with Cham winning the Grammy and all the gold and platinum projects coming out over the last few years! How does it make you feel to see your city really blow up like this?

I'm happy! I look at it like it is all our Grammy because we all came up in the same circuit and we did music together so I don't look at it in a negative way or a hating way. It is a good thing!

WorldWideConnected.com: Are you doing a shit load of promo right now?

Yeah I am doing a whole bunch of shit like listening sessions, and I am shooting my video Wednesday called "I'm Getting' Money" featuring Jim Jones.

WorldWideConnected.com: What do you do in your spare time?

My time off is literally time on because when I don't have a show I make beats now, and I write my own treatments and direct my own videos. I press up my own sampler CDs, and I got my own graphic artwork so I am always working. When I do decide to break away from working I will be at the gun range, or watching some movies but I am usually working when I am not suppose to be working. I will squeeze in a couple of hours from watching movies!

WorldWideConnected.com: Yeah I know you are big into movies!

I get a lot of my video ideas from movies. I watch all kinds of movies!

WorldWideConnected.com: What is your favorite genre of movie?

I have to say documentaries about the old mafia. I like knowing the history of shit because a lot of people try doing shit and really don't know the origin and why people became this way. Recently I watched Cocaine Cowboys which I already knew about the people that were on the DVD, but they broke it down how it really went and who was really the big guy.

WorldWideConnected.com: Since you went back and did a bunch of new songs have the guest features changed at all?

I had all my cameos done but the only new one was really Jim Jones. A lot of people fear holding down the album by themselves and fear people wont buy their album if there is no names.

WorldWideConnected.com: Who else is on the album?

Z-Ro, Yukmouth, Sqad Up, MJG, Mya, Three 6 Mafia, Nate Dogg, and of course Jim Jones.

WorldWideConnected.com: What is going on with Skinny Pimp?

Actually we are doing a mixtape to get the awareness out. A lot of people know Skinny but we are gonna get the buzz going.

WorldWideConnected.com: Okay fa' sho homie! Is there anything else you want to add?

My dude Z-Ro is locked up right now and I wanted to