thaFormula.com : In the parking lot tonight after the show, it looked like you had a small army with you. Who were they and are you paying the bill for all those muthafuckas to be on tour? (laughter)ODB : That was the Brooklyn Zoo, my brothers! And there's enough money for all of us. I can't be around my brothers and I got money and they ain't got no money, because if I got money, I gotta split it with these muthafuckas anyway. So, if we all have our own currency, and our babies have their own currency, and their babies' babies have their own, then you have a nation of people that have money and when you have money, you can make power moves!thaFormula.com : Speaking of money, the Mariah Carey collaboration turned out to be a very lucrative one. Are there any other mainstream artists you're considering working with?ODB : Prince and myself are getting ready to do a song together. Who else... the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Lenny Kravitz - and I would just like to say, THEY all called me! (laughter) My brother has a heavy metal band called Funk Face, we're teaming up. Whatever comes to mind I'm gonna do, I don't give a fuck! Country/western, jazz, R&B, rock 'n roll, heavy metal, fuck pussy while rhyming, (laughter)... As long as it's got to do with money, I'm gonna do it.thaFormula.com : I've heard there are a LOT of new groups coming out this year under the Wu banner. If so, could too much Wu franchising be overkill?ODB : When I say Wu-Tang, I'm talking about the founders of Wu-Tang: the GZA, the RZA and the Ol' Dirty Bastard. We're the seed and the family is the root and all these branches you're hearing about like Sunz of Man, Zu Ninjas, the Outlawz, Killarmy, all these groups are just branches off the tree. You see, we're a golden tree, a tree that produces fruit in the spring, the summer, the fall, the winter, I'm talkin all muthafuckin year long! Wu-Tang is gonna take over the whole rap nation! Niggas ain't gonna wanna rap no more!thaFormula.com : Since so many groups have been put on the roster, can you tell me who's next to put out material and when?ODB : We got Ghostface's album coming out this year, my shit will be out this year, hopefully Method's album will be out this year, Wu-Tang's album will be out this year, Twelve O'Clock's album will be out this year...man, we just gonna be dropping bombs. We're flooding the radios, we're flooding the televisions, the telephone wires, we're flooding the pussy holes, we're flooding every thang man, we're flooding the black woman with babies, we doin this shit. The New WU order is here!thaFormula.com : You mentioned the GZA was the 'foundation', but I've read the RZA is who inspired you to pursue writing and music, who first helped in transforming Russell Jones into Ol' Dirty Bastard.ODB : GZA's the foundation, RZA is the manifestation of Wu-Tang and Ol' Dirty is just the understanding of it. The reason I say the GZA is THE foundation is because he was the one who actually sat down with the RZA and taught Rakeem, the RZA, how to rhyme. Then RZA taught me knowledge of self and knowledge of rap and if I didn't study my lessons, RZA would bust my ass, so I had no choice.thaFormula.com : So the RZA was more of a father figure than friend?ODB : Hell yeah! Listen... he use to write my shit down on paper for me. At the time I didn't like to rhyme. Who the fuck wanna read shit off paper? I didn't even like going to fuckin' school (laughter), you know what I'm saying? But he made me do it because he saw the light in me. If it wasn't for RZA, the Wu wouldn't be shit!thaFormula.com : When you finally found yourself as a writer, what do you feel mentally separated you from the rest of the clan?ODB : I'm the muthafucka who's gonna really tell you what the fuck's going on because I'm the nigga who don't turn the other cheek.thaFormula.com : To you, what's the most important message in your writing you would like future generations of rap babies to discover?ODB : That we're wise scientists who are determined to rule. It's in our nature. It was predicted for us... the black man is God to rule forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever! And ever!thaFormula.com : Well, we're out of Dutches and you just spilled the last beer. Is there anything special you would like to add for all the rappers, rivals and snaggle-tooth biters who may be reading this?ODB: Yeah muthafuckas, like Snoop Dog said, "Without me, you'll never go platinum!" Dirt Dog out!With the recent releases of Legend Of The Wu-Tang: Wu-Tang Clan's Greatest Hits and Disciples Of The 36 Chambers I assumed, like many, that 2005 would be the year for Ol' Dirty and his legendary cohorts to return with a fresh batch of poisoned darts. But now, with "the understanding of the Wu" gone and with little to no details being released from the camp or authorities, who's to say what's in store for the Wu-Tang Clan, and more importantly, his thirteen children? My thoughts go out to his family.
http://www.myspace.com/deadlykanha