I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

FET Ol' Dirty Bastard intervju!

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2006-10-31 11:11

FET Ol' Dirty Bastard intervju!

He Spilled More Than He Drank: A Final 40 With Ol' Dirty Bastard By Monte Smith

On Saturday, November 13th, the rap world lost another extraordinarily talented family member. Russell Jones, better known as Ol' Dirty Bastard, collapsed and died in a Manhattan recording studio just days before his thirty-sixth birthday. The cause of his death is still uncertain.

I'll never forget the night I met Ol' Dirty Bastard. I was in Raleigh to do a pre-concert interview with NYC emcee Heather B for Headz magazine, North Carolina's first Hip Hop publication. No one knew who was headlining the show at the time I accepted the story, but the day of the event I found out that it was ODB. Having no time to contact his publicist to secure a meeting, I asked Heather B at the end of our session if she knew where the promoter had put Ol' Dirty up for the night. Luckily, he was on the same floor. Within minutes I found his road manager and arranged an interview for after his set.

To make a long, drug-induced story short, I rode from the hotel to the venue with Heather B. When the show was over, I went back to Heather B's tour van to try and prepare some last minute questions for Ol' Dirty. As I'm sitting in the van with Heather B and her then crew, the 54th Regiment, waiting to leave, her road manager comes running up to the van, screaming "What did he do? What did he do?" Heather B starts screaming, "Just leave it alone! I took care of it!" Her road manager, now even more pissed off, looks at everyone in the van and says, "I don't give a fuck who he is, let's go get that muthafucka!" I started having a bad feeling he was talking about Ol' Dirty, because at the exact moment we were receiving the pep rally I could see Ol' Dirty and his mob of forty or more exiting the venue. Once the road manager saw their numbers, he quickly calmed down, asked if everyone was in, slid into the driver's seat and drove us back to the hotel. No one said a word. I found out later that night that Ol' dirty had allegedly followed Heather B into the VIP bathroom at the venue and tried to get physical. When I questioned both artists about the incident the following morning, both declined to comment.

The interview you're about to read took place on the night of April 6th 1996, in a Best Western hotel bathroom. The mob of forty or more had use of the main room. Through the course of an hour, three blunts and countless 40s, I had the chance to sit back and listen to Ol' Dirty Bastard in prime intoxicated form. That night, between betting me his shoes over whether or not he fucked Mariah Carey in the ass and breaking down the day's mathematics, ODB told me he was living the best days of his life. And now, knowing what has happened, I feel honored in knowing that I was able to at least capture an hour of one.

thaFormula.com: What makes you so fucking special? (laughter)
ODB: Ol' dirty is a gift to the planet. Understand, rap is rap and rap has been here for many years. So the reason I say Ol' Dirty is a present to the planet is because I'm the nigga who brought rap into a different form. I brought the soul into this rap shit, I had to let niggas know where the James Brownses stand in this muthafuckin shit. I had to show how the Otis Reddings have connection to this rap shit!
thaFormula.com: I heard you on the Stretch and Bobbito show recently saying you moved so far out in the country, you can't even pick up AM radio. Does that statement validate the constant rumors that people are trying to kill you?
ODB: Dirt Dog is here and Dirt Dog is here to stay. The only the thing that can kill Dirt is Dirt himself! Now pass the 40 ounce back. (laughter) It's good as a muthafucka ain't it?
thaFormula.com: In the parking lot tonight afte

http://www.myspace.com/deadlykanha