I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Talib - Eardrum info + Album med madlib!

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2006-09-08 09:28

Talib - Eardrum info + Album med madlib!

Palms Out Report: Talib Kweli
(Talib Kweli w/ Cambridge & Lance Drummonds of Palms Out)

As previously reported, Talib Kweli recently had an exclusive listening session in a secret location in New York and Palms Out was in attendance. Besides a brief preview to whet your appetites for the new record, there's also some cool info that Kweli divulged for the first time to the small studio of journalists

Talib Kweli - Eardrum

* "Country Cousins" - The underground king of NYC links up with the underground kings of the south Bun B and Pimp C on the album standout "Country Cousins", produced by A Kid Called Roots. If you’re wondering, yes that’s his full name, like A Tribe Called Quest or A Pimp Named Slickback. In any case, the guy with the mellifluous moniker crafts a 70's inspired soundscape reminiscent of Reasonable Doubt and Camp Lo's "Luchini"

* "Star" - Featuring the almost milk-cartoned Musiq, Kweli pens an ode to his children, which includes him humorously detailing having his daughter tell him the cool way to wear his fitted cap. Cool track, and possibly the album's next single

* "The Weather Report" and "Revolution in Sound" - Ahhhhh YES! Sinister ass backdrops and the battle ready, revolution oriented emcee we've come to know and love, with the latter track featuring a Reverend chillingly reciting Willie Lynch's famed How To Make A Slave speech.

Other notables:
“Eat To Live” - A record Talib himself describes as a tribute to Dead Prez’s “Be Healthy”
“Deliver Me” - Produced by DJ Khalil featuring the incomparable Sizzla
"Unknown" - That's not the actual title of the track...I'm referring to an unfinished Just Blaze collabo that we only got to hear one chorus and one verse for, but it sounded incredible. Ill chord progression, huge chorus that was either a very well extrapolated sample or a live choir (or both?). Hopefully it makes the album

Random Notes: When asked about the UGK collabo, Kweli said "Bun B is an older brother to me...a lot of people counted UGK out (when Pimp C was incarcerated)." The union happened organically due to Kweli & Bun B's somewhat unlikely relationship. Also, on "Soon A New Day", which features Norah Jones, Kweli admitted that he thought she "don't really make no sense" when originally presented with the idea of having Norah Jones feature on the track. However, he was on a tour bus and Questlove happened to overhear, so he gave Kweli Norah's email, and within a week she got down.

And lastly, a Madlib and Talib Kweli album is on the way! It will be entitled "The Liberation", and they'll be handing it out for FREE! We weren't able to obtain further details as to how exactly they plan on doing this, but we definitely inquired as to whether the homie was bs'in, and dude was dead serious.

Source= http://palmsout.blogspot.com/

this is for my niggas and my nymphos, non stop bangin like a dilla instrumental