I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Z-RO lägger av

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2006-06-15 08:40

Z-RO lägger av

By all standards, Z-Ro is one of the few artists that has consistently flooded the market with his music without ever courting redundancy. Yet he's still one of the most slept on rappers beyond the Bayou City. Now, don't think that shit is all sweet for Mr. McVeigh just 'cause he's down with Rap-A-Lot Records. Yesterday, Z-Ro made a disclosure to me that I doubt his fans would appreciate.

I don't know exactly what the deal is between him and his label, but, his frustration with the label was evident throughout the course of my interview with him. The interview was for a local rag, and I'm yet to transcribe the entire 45 minutes. But, to his credit, Z-Ro was professional enough not to air his dirty laundry. Still, he made one thing clear. After his current Rap-A-Lot project hits the shelves, it's a wrap for Z-Ro. Yup, your boy said he's done rapping and he's leaving the game for good.

"I ain't gon lie. This record that Rap-A-Lot's going to put out, this is gon' be the last one. I'm out the game after this one. I mean you ain't gotta be no rocket scientist to know that you wanna be paid for your work man. This is gon' be my 20th record coming out. This is album #20 right here."

That's an average of 2 albums every year. You've been grindin' man.

"Yeah I've been grindin' man. And when you've been grindin' as much as I have, and you go check your bank account and your shit looks like my shit, its either time to do something else or it's time to do something else."

Speaking of doing something else, what's next for Z-Ro?

"Sheeit, you might just not hear from me period because all I know how to do is music. There's a lot of mo'fuckas that be coming up to me with that acting shit, but you know, I ain't no actor. I think I'm a bit too real to go act, because they might give me some punk ass role, a faggot or some shit that I can't play. So you know, this just really might be it after this point, because you really expect to get paid for your work."

So, don't expect your favorite rapper to jump on the movie bandwagon.

What do you think? Is this a wise decision for the man who's constantly held down his forte without losing a grip for 12 years? Does Trae have what it takes to step up to the plate? After 12 years in the game, is it in fact appropriate for Z-Ro to leave while the ovation is still loud? Discuss.

känns helt värdelöst att han ska sluta..

R.I.P. Big Moe