I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Bye bye Outkast?

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2006-05-20 19:35

Bye bye Outkast?

Over the years, i've followed OutKast less and less. But i still think their style is cool and something that Hip-Hop needs. I don't know if the article is online anywhere, but there is a good article on them in the most recent Entertainment Weelky (with the X-Men cover). Here's just a few bits from it...

"They were hip-hop superstars and best friends. THen something changed, and soon, they could be history."
The article goes on to say how Dre showed up 2 the interview and photo shoot early and an hour later, Big Boi showed up with tons of cloths. Shortly after the interview/photoshoot, Dre hopped in his car and left. It talks about their new movie and album. Big Boi and Dre only have 3 scenes 2gether in the whole movie and they don't really have any songs 2gether on the album. The movie and album were shoot and recorded mostly during the summer and fall of 2004. In fact, the 2 worked on the album in their own studios...NOT 2GETHER. Here's what Dre said about "The Mighty O"..."Honestly, i was really skeptical about the song," he says. "I like what i'm saying in the rap, but it didn't sound up to par." Then why put it out? "Because we needed a song with both of us on it. And people haven't heard me rap in awhile,k so i thought it woudl be nostalgic for them Everybody loved it , so i said "'F**k it,' and just let it go." Apparently Big Boi's trax are true 2 the OutKast style...but Dre's stuff is swing era Jazz stuff...nothing like the OutKast style. It talks about how during Speakerboxx/The Love Below, they were really just connected solo artists and how Dre didn't wanna tour...so Big Boi just toured on his own and BB comments "I hop i don't ever get like that-where i don't wanna do it." The article says that under his breath he added on "That $**+s f***ed up." It also touches on how Dre thinks falling in love ruins an artist's work ethic and creativity. BB has embraced his family life. The asked Dre if his comments if he waz talking about BB and he says 'he can't comment on that." BB shoots back saying he can't comment cuz he's not very involved in his personal life.

The article starts closing on saying how they are signed to do one more album (and how Dre things contracts mean nothing). Big Boi has already started working on a solo album and says the following statement. "I dont' like to talk about the future." When asked about OutKast's future, he says "It just depends on how he (Dre) is feeling." Dre says" The business has put a strain on our relationship. We're like brothers though. We can argue, but were gonna still be together. I want Big Boi to do well inside and outside of OutKast. Because certain things don't last forever, and you have to start preparing for that." The article closes saying 'Fans might want to start preparing as well.'

I waz a BIG OutKast fan back in '93...but started following them more at a distence since the late 90's. I still picked up Speakerboxx/The Love Below. At this point and after reading this article...i know i wanna see the movie (the trailor looked great)...but musically, i don't know if i care anymore.

Djingis Khan for life.