I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Outlawz + Dead Prez

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2006-04-22 19:23

Outlawz + Dead Prez

Dead Prez and Tupac protégés, The Outlawz, are preparing the release of a collaborative album this summer, titled Can't Sell Dope Forever, through newly launched imprint, Affluent Records.

The new record will feature the likes of Layzie Bone, Bay Area rapper Messy Marv and even an appearance by Nora, the mother of Dead Prez' Stic.man, on the track "Believe," which the label feels is the album's standout effort.

The title, Can't Sell Dope Forever, was inspired by an Atlanta-based clothing company called Miseducated Society, whose popular "Can't Sell Dope Forever" tee is a staple in southern hoods. The Outlaws and Dead Prez felt the title reflects the message they want to send -- that there are ways to empower yourself beyond selling dope and glorifying the flash of the drug game.

Affluent Records founder Oscar Sanchez, who has modeled the newly launched label in the same vain as Def Jam and Bad Boy, is really excited about its first project and stands firm behind the groups' vision.

"I love their movement and respect their business," said Sanchez. "I've always been a fan, now I get the chance to show the world with them their overall vision. Dead Prez and The Outlawz are some of the most explosive acts in the market today and we are very happy and proud to be able to launch Affluent with these world class acts."

"We expect this release to be one of our top distributed projects for 2006," added Mike Bull, VP of Label Relations at Caroline, the company providing distribution for Affluent.

There is no firm release date for Can't Sell Dope Forever, but is expected to drop this summer.

Källa