I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Young Jeezy Arrested in Miami

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2006-03-20 00:03

Young Jeezy Arrested in Miami

Lite halvny nyhet från 03.12.2006. Källa: Hiphopgame.com

"Early Saturday morning Young Jeezy, born Jay Jenkins, was busted on weapons charges after a shootout on a busy South Beach strip involving some of his friends. Miami Beach police arrested the Atlanta-based rapper and charged him with two counts of carrying a concealed firearm. No one was injured.

According to police reports, this is what happened: A fight broke out at about 5:30 a.m. Friday morning in the 1200 block of Washington Avenue when Tramiel De Juan Golden -- a producer -- was caught fighting on tape with several men, who were not identified. Young Jeezy was with the group. A passerby, Marco Raez, turned on his video camera, and started filming. Golden demanded: ''Give me the camera.'' The feud escalated. When Raez refused, another man Raheem Karriem, who was also with Golden, lifted his shirt to reveal a gun tucked into his waistband. Karriem began shooting. Raez surrendered the camera.

Miami Beach Police spokesman Robert Hernandez said about nine men, including Young Jeezy, got into two separate SUVs and fled the scene. Karriem got into a black Landrover while Jeezy jumped into a Lincoln Navigator, police said. Before he was stopped by police, Karriem smashed into three parked cars, causing thousands of dollars in damages.

Police caught up to the Navigator moments after the incident occured. Jeezy, who was sitting in the back seat of the car, pointed his fingers at officers, making believe it was a gun. Officers found a semi-automatic firearm under his seat and another similar firearm, near the armrest. Jeezy was arrested and charged with two counts of carrying a concealed firearm without a permit, while Golden was charged with strong armed robbery. Another man, Steven Lesly Savain, of West Kendall -- who was also with the group -- was taken into custody.
Police said there was a warrant out for his arrest for prior trespassing charges.

The warrant was issued by Miami-Dade County in December.
According to county records, Jeezy was also arrested in Miami-Dade last summer. But the outcome of that case was unclear."