I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Mobb Deep - Blood Money (Liten Intervju)

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2006-02-03 13:07

Mobb Deep - Blood Money (Liten Intervju)

50 Cent was directly involved in signing Mobb Deep to G-Unit Records, but he didn't feel the need to overemphasize his presence on their album, Blood Money. The results -- vintage Infamous Mobb Deep.

"I told them do what y'all do and half of the album was done when I was doing the movie," 50 told a rather private group of online hip-hop press that gathered for an exclusive Blood Money listening session at G-Unit offices in New York City on Wednesday night (February 1). "That's why I'm hot now. I let them do their thing."

In effect, Mobb Deep delivered. On their heavily anticipated first album release on G-Unit Records, Havoc moves himself into hip-hop's elite group of producers, while Prodigy restores his aptitude of being one of the top street narrators of our time.

Perhaps the most stirring record on the album is a cut, entitled "Pearly Gates," which features 50 Cent. Prodigy writes and speaks from the view of an atheist over Exile's grim, throwback-styled production.

"What stood out to me about this record is that P is writing from the perspective of an atheist," 50 said. "It makes sense considering how many people don't believe in God."

The clever writing continues on, "In Love With The Moula," in which the M-O-B-B creatively express their affection for money.

"We're using money as a metaphor in this song," Prodigy explained to the press. "We're using money as a female in this record."

Tracks like "Stole Something," "Click Click," and "Creep," which Prodigy calls a Mobb personal favorite, solidify Havoc's skills as an upper echelon beatmaker, while P schools younger MCs with sharp, clever hard hitting lines.

"Flex, easy on the bomb, let the n----s hear the flow," Prodigy forewarns on the classic Mobb sounds of "Creep."

Prodigy does more convincing that he's still among the best today, with his complex acronym breakdowns on the enlightening synthetic sounds of "Capital P."

In addition to 50, Blood Money features fellow G-Unit MCs like Young Buck, Tony Yayo and Lloyd Banks. The Queensbridge veterans also get an assist on the boards from long-time collaborator Alchemist on "The Infamous," while taking the legendary Dr. Dre through uncharted territory on "Nightmares."

" don't sound like a Dre record," said Prodigy about Dre's experimental, enthralling production.

If the aforementioned cuts don't make listeners believers, The Infamous have a special track up their sleeve.

"We have a Mary record on the album too," Prodigy shared with the press. "We have no title for the song yet. We're finishing it up."

Mobb Deep's Blood Money hits stores March 21. "Put Em In Their Place" serves as the album's first single.

Verkar tungt!

http://www.homage.nu/