I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

"Roots' Third Annual Jam Session"

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2006-02-02 00:20

"Roots' Third Annual Jam Session"

The Roots will host their Third Annual Jam Session and the crew is encouraging vocalists, musicians, and aspiring artists to take part in the five-hour session Feb. 7 at Key Club in West Hollywood, CA.

This year's gathering will be hosted by Roots frontman Black Thought, comedian Dave Chappelle, and actor Don Cheadle. The invitation-only event is presented by Dave Chappelle's Block Party in association with Live for Darfur.

“Most industry parties are a little too stuffy and are limited to performances by one or two artists,” says Roots founder and drummer Ahmir "?uestlove" Thompson. “We created this event in order to put the focus back on the music and give major artists as well as new talent a chance to take part in a business and musical exchange.”

The anticipated guest list includes Jay-Z, Common, Will Smith, Mos Def, Will.I.Am, Talib Kweli and Kanye West, among others. As with last year's session, the event will be produced by Okayplayer.com, Goodtime Girl Productions and Keldof Productions.

Live for Darfur, co-chaired by Don Cheadle and Djimon Hounsou, is a worldwide campaign that rallies high-profile artists to help raise awareness of the crisis in Darfur, Africa. More information is available at www.savedarfur.org.

Djingis Khan for life.