I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Black Eyed Peas involverade i brasilianskt samba

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

Redaktionschef

2006-01-29 14:06

Black Eyed Peas involverade i brasilianskt samba

Jag var inne igår på gulanstore och blev alldeles till mig när jag hörde ny, fräsch musik i högtalarna... var tvungen att fråga vad det var och visade sig vara Sergio Mendes kommande skiva.

Sergio Mendes som i vanliga fall inte brukar ha något med hiphop att göra, har nu spelat in en skiva med en rad kända rapartister.

Tracklist:

1. Mas Que Nada (Mah-sh Keh Nah-da) featuring The Black Eyed Peas
2. That Heat featuring Erykah Badu and will.i.am of The Black Eyed Peas
3. Berimbau/Consolacao (Beh-rim-bao/Con-soh-lah-soun) featuring Stevie Wonder and Gracinha Leporace
4. The Frog featuring Q-Tip and will.i.am of The Black Eyed Peas
5. Let Me featuring Jill Scott and will.i.am of The Black Eyed Peas
6. Bananeira (Bah-nah-nay-rah) (Banana Tree) featuring Mr. Vegas
7. Surfboard featuring will.i.am of The Black Eyed Peas
8. Please Baby Don’t featuring John Legend
9. Samba Da Bencao (Samba Of The Blessing) featuring Marcelo D2
10. Timeless featuring India.Arie
11. Loose Ends featuring Justin Timberlake, Pharoahe Monch and will.i.am of The Black Eyed Peas
12. Fo’-Hop (Por Tras de Bras de Pina) featuring Guinga and Marcelo D2
13. Lamento (No Morro) featuring Maogani Quartet
14. E Menina (Hey Girl)
15. Yes, Yes Y’All featuring Black Thought of The Roots, Chali 2na of Jurassic 5, Debi Nova & will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas

info om plattan:

Sergio's name most likely means nothing to music fans born in the past 25 years, but the Black Eyed Peas founder wants to change that.

"For those who don't know, he's like the ambassador of Brazilian samba, bossa nova music," Will said backstage at a recent Peas show.

Will is producing Mendes' upcoming album, a star-studded affair similar to Santana's Supernatural smash and his two follow-ups.

Guests on Mendes' Timeless — which is due February 14 on Concord/Starbucks' Hear Music — include Stevie Wonder, John Legend, Q-Tip, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, India.Arie, the Roots, Chali 2na from Jurassic 5, dancehall star Mr. Vegas and more.

"I have Sergio Mendes, Pharoahe Monch and Justin Timberlake on a track," Will said. "Who would of ever thought of that combination? I mean this record is beautiful. It ain't like a club record where it's like, 'Oh, oh this muffin,' and next year it's like whatever, you wait for the next club record. This is like classic beautiful melodies. ... It's relaxing ... it's the make-love-slow record."

" ain't like a club record ... This is like classic beautiful melodies. ... It's the make-love-slow record."

www.hiphopmusic.com

www.mtv.com

Oracle aka HipHop-Oraklet | Whoa-Crew 2000-2013|
I januari 2014 lägger vi ned Whoa. Tack för de här åren!