Foxy Brown = DÖV
People Magazine Quote: What Foxy Brown remembers most about the morning of May 23 is the eerie quiet. The night before, the rapper had fallen asleep with the television blaring, but when she got up, no sound seemed to be coming from it. "I pressed the volume to maybe 60. Nothing," says Brown. " I ran outside to my truck and honked the horn. Nothing. I ran back inside and dialed a number on the phone. Nothing. Then I started breaking down in tears and screaming and I couldn't even hear myself scream. That's when I knew there was a problem." Three days later Brown was diagnosed with severe sudden sensorineural hearing loss, a little-understood condition that affects one in 10,000 people without warning, often the result of a viral infection. Most suffer loss in only one ear and, when treated early, the condition can be reversible. But Brown has lost her hearing in both ears and has, so far, not responded well to treatment. "Her case is severe," says Dr. Anil Lalwani, an otologist whom Brown has consulted. "In only 1 or 2 percent of the cases are both ears affected." For months Brown tried to hide the loss, hoping medication and surgery might restore it. Now, as she weighs further options, she is speaking out for the first time. "I have been deaf for four months," says Brown, whose real name is Inga Marchand. She talked to People's Sharon Cotliar about her regret that she didn't act sooner when she felt her hearing "slipping away" and hopes that speaking out will help others. There were signs for a few days before. My phone would be ringing and my Blackberry would be going off and people would be "Yo Foxy, your Blackberry." And I'd hear it. It would be a delayed relaction but I'd still hear it. One day I was in the studio, putting the finishing touches on my fourth album," Black Roses", and my friend (and Def Jam Records president) Jay-Z walked in to approve the mix. As soon as he heard it he was like,"Yo, what's that? Does this sound normal to you, Inga?" I was like "Of course it does. What do you mean?" Then he told me, "Baby Girl, we have a problem because this is ridiculously loud. I could never put this on the radio." At first I just thought Jay was giving me a hard time. But the next day, he and I did an interview at a radio station. I remember conversing with the on-air personality. I was hearing her fine, but the minute I had to take callers, I couldn't hear them. I would say, "What are they saying?" It was embarassing, because the people in the studio were looking at me like, "What do you mean? Don't you hear them? This is crazy loud." I said, "No, turn them up." But they couldn't turn it up any higher. The next day, I was at a photo shoot. I was hearing the music fine. I said to myself,"Yesterday I wasn't hearing the phone, but today I'm hearing the music, so maybe this hearing loss is from a flight." My mom's sister passed away the morning after the shoot. I remember hearing my mom and aunts downstairs in the living roon crying hysterically. And I got on the phone to call a couple of people. But when we went to the funeral parlor, I had a problem hearing the funeral director explaining the arrangements. All along I'm feeling my hearing go slowly, but I'm thinking, God would never do this. This can never happen to me. I'm perfectly healthy. I'm 26 years old. I'm young and people just don't go deaf overnight.
The morning of the funeral, I woke up and I couldn't hear anything. Not the TV, not my car horn, not the dial tone on the phone. Of course I still had to go to the funeral. I sat in the front row and I couldn't hear the choir. Jay-z was there and I said, "Jay, I think I'm deaf." He was like, "You can't be deaf." But I knew. I said, "Monday morning, we need to find a doctor."
The initial doctor I went to told me that if I attacked the problem when I first realized my hearing was going, I probably would have been able to heal it immediately, but because I waited for about a week and continued to work and work and put pressure on my ear, that's what really damaged it.
He put me on a steroid called Prednisone and an antiviral medicine. I went home with the false hope that taking this medication would work.
After two weeks on the drugs, none of my hearing came back. I thought, I'm not telling anybody this. I'm going to keep this a secret. I'm going to try to go on normally. I'm going to pretend I can hear.
So for a few weeks I was reading lips. I was pretending that I can hear but I'm speaking really loudly so that didn't earn me any cool points. People would see me in the street and say, "Foxy we love you," and I wouldn't hear them, and they would think I was being disrespectful.
One of my closest friends is Naomi Campbell. She kept calling me and saying "Call me," and instead I would e-mail her. Finally she was like, "Inga, what's wrong? Why don't you call me?" And I had to tell her I couldn't hear her over the phone. She freaked out. She said, "I'm coming to New York and we have to fix this." So she did some research and found me another specialist. I saw her June 8. The doctor told me I have severe damage to my ears and that I needed surgery right away. Her words to me were, "If you ever want to hear again, we need to do this surgery." I said, "on both ears?" She said yes.
Two days later I went to the hospital. The doctor wanted to go in and patch possible leaks in the inner ear that could have been the cause for the hearing loss. That was the last thing I had, that surgery. Before the surgery, my hearing was zero. After the surgery,it went up to 20 percent. So at first I was thinking,"Wow,maybe next week it will be 40 percent and after that it will be 60." But it didn't work like that. It remained a little over 20 percent, which really wasn't that much of a difference.
So now my issue was, "What do I tell the record company? What do I tell Jay? What do I tell my fans?" I gotta tell you, when you go through a crisis, you really see who is there for you. Without mentioning any names, a lot of people that I thought would be there through thick and thin have completely disappeared. Because I couldn't hear, I was no longer useful to them. I couldn't put a record out. So it was basically like, "Okay we will see you when you get better."
But that only made me stronger. I decided when they see me, I'm going to be the same Foxy, looking head to toe gorgeous. I'm going to try to be normal- even though every night I would cry myself to sleep. Every morning I would get up and try to look my best and try to feel my best.
I know God is working on me. I'm on a personal journey. I believe God wants to be the only voice I hear right now. Every day I pray for an answer. I don't want to come away from this not having learned God's lesson.
The doctor's aren't saying that it's definite that I won't hear again. This is another reason I am speaking out. I believe there is a doctor somewhere- it could be the outskirts of Wisconsin or Iowa- who could say, "I know exactly what this girl needs."
They say I may be able to hear with a (cochlear) implant. I know it will be an uphill battle. For now I am taking a break. But I will definitely be back. I still write. I write the best music when I'm going through pain. Sometimes I think, "What if I don't get my hearing back?" But then a second later I think God loves me. He will make a way. I know I will be all right. I'm not Foxy Brown right now. I'm Inga Marchand. I'm just a girl that wants to get better.
källor;
www.malefirst.co.uk www.upnkansas.com www.hiphopdx.com
Tur att det gjorde nån glad i alla fall, B-Lund
Mos Deaf
Men lika glad är jag för det!
B-Lund, jag ska inte grina över att du hade kul åt nåt i texten, Jag tyckte Mos Deaf var kul. Men jag uppfattar inte överhuvudtaget något humoristiskt i: "and I said, "Jay, I think I'm deaf." He was like, "You can't be deaf." " Det känns bara som att du skrattar åt det hela. Men okej om jag missförstod dig
B-Lund, sorry för att jag är seg som fan, kopplade inte alls :P
fatta noll för mycke text.. e hon döv eller inte?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbmq39FB5CE
Jo rätt så. Hon opererades och fick tillbaka 20% av hörseln men det sägs i texten att hon kanske kommer att kunna höra med hjälp av nån maskin.
Knaaaaaas!..... Jag älskar Inga :'( ... Broken silence är en av d tyngsta skivorna någonsin. Fuck it! "Sometimes its like im speaking swedish, niggas just dont understand" Hoppas hon blir bättre fan... damn... en musiker som tappar hörseln är inte roligt
Denna användare har skrivit alla inlägg där användaren har tagits bort från whoa.
Riktigt sjukt... 1. Just att det e en musiker, en stor sådan... 2. Att det hände på båda örona, vilket hände sällan... Otur..
En del av Skåne Massiv. http://www.myspace.com/skanemassiv http://www.myspace.com/feffe
fan va tradigt :/
SKU - SKU - SKULASON!
que?
"War doesn't decide who's right, but who's left." - Iriscience "Social kompetens är den som är bäst på att låtsas" - Scissors 304-7734-02-09
mahjk P24 talking to me ?
SKU - SKU - SKULASON!
orka läsa all den texten om fuckin foxy brown?? liksom okej hon har blivit döv. Ångest. Hur många blir inte det varje dag osv osv osv nämner nån dem? Nej. Varför ska man då bry sig om foxy. Fuck that shit. Synd att hon e döv men de händer sjukt bulla grejer varenda jävla da o ingen bryr sig. Min farsa blev tex förlamad härom veckan. Bryr nån sig? Eller e de bara för foxy e kändis som folk bryr sig? FUCK FOXY
Denna användare har skrivit alla inlägg där användaren har tagits bort från whoa.
Hon har iofs inte sagt nåt på 4 månader, sen så kan man ju se de som nyheter, inte som nåt som man MÅSTE bry sig om till 100%... Hon kommer nog ut med de mest för sina fans, och inte oss, därför är det bara lite nyheter i mängden andra som framförs till folket... Feel me?...
- a perverse resistance to security and predictability, & a deliberate disregard for propriety -
toby: tror du att du va informativ nu eller?
Denna användare har skrivit alla inlägg där användaren har tagits bort från whoa.
Det var som fan. Kände inte till det här alls, kanske är så att det blev offentligt först nu. Inget större fan av henne, men tråkigt att det blev så..
Hitta Svenska HipHopTexter på: http://www.hiphoptexter.com
caliber:; ja såklart är de tråkigt när sånt här händer! det är skittråkigt!! men alla ska helt plötsligt uppmärksamma det när de e nån kändis de råkar ut för, en avarage joe, då e de ingen som bryr sig.. e kändis mer värda eller hur funkar det?
Denna användare har skrivit alla inlägg där användaren har tagits bort från whoa.
hon kan lässa läppar iaf.. det kunde ha vart värrre
Bury Me In Pieces Cause They Fear My Recarnation Bitches Screaming Peace When My Squad Face 'Em
AEAP Jag tänker inte försöka förklara innebörden av "nyhetsvärde" då det finns de som är mer lämpade, men klart att en artikel om att en välkänd rappare kan bli tvungen att sluta rappa pga plötslig hörselförlust platsar i ett forum om hiphop.
Hitta Svenska HipHopTexter på: http://www.hiphoptexter.com
caliber: de har ja väl inte sagt nåt om alls.. huruvida hon platsar här eller inte?? tycker bara de e fett bull att alla ska bli så "åååh va hemskt" hit o dit när nån kändis skadar sig etc etc, när sånt händer varenda jävla da me vanligt folk utan att en jävel bryr sig
Denna användare har skrivit alla inlägg där användaren har tagits bort från whoa.
"men alla ska helt plötsligt uppmärksamma det när de e nån kändis de råkar ut för" Du verkade ju ha nåt emot att det uppmärksammas alls.. Men nu börjar det bli off topic, så vi lägger ner.
Hitta Svenska HipHopTexter på: http://www.hiphoptexter.com
har inget emot det över huvudtaget, tycker bara de e synd att människor helt plötsligt bryr sig om andra när de e kändisar de handlar om men visst, vi lägger ner
Denna användare har skrivit alla inlägg där användaren har tagits bort från whoa.
Enligt Aftonbladet igår måste hennes advokat kommunicera med henne via skrift. Och om någon undrar över vad hon är i rätten för så minns jag inte. Hon ska i alla fall snart släppa ett nytt album.
Ingen dör oskuld. Livet knullar alla.
haha, rätt åt henne
R.I.P. Big Moe
Fan va synd om henne... Oh Well, passande låtar =D Lil Kim - Can You HEAR Me Now? Rza - Do You HEAR The Bells? Mobb Deep - When You HEAR The 50 Cent - Ya HEARD Me
flowmastermouth: håll käften, ingen sådant livsändrande är rätt åt någon
OLAGLIGA WRITERS....BULLZ-EYE....GLOW........
AEAP P23 har inget emot det över huvudtaget, tycker bara de e synd att människor helt plötsligt bryr sig om andra när de e kändisar de handlar om men visst, vi lägger ner I'm with you! Förstår vad du menar. Folk bölar som fan när det händer något här i västvärlden, medan de totalt skiter i barnen som dör i Irak.
8 diagrams!
AEAP P23 - Skillnaden är publiciteten. Hur tror du att folk ska kunna reagera när de inte vet om det?
I belong with all the glamorous trash, sex punkettes, bruised faeries, kinderwhores and art sluts. And cause rehab is for quitters. Awright?<br>
slim_solle P18 det kanske är lite lättare att sympatisera med någon som man har bildat en uppfattning om, t e x via deras musik, än någon anonym irakier...? det är väl ganska självklart.
haha Inga Marchand
R.I.P J.Dilla & Big Proof!
jobbig situation
STICK YOUR DISCO UP YER ARSE!
fan vad ledsamt alltså :( AEAP - du kan fan inte komma med såna argument och va 23 år på riktigt, eller?
Denna användare har skrivit alla inlägg där användaren har tagits bort från whoa.
jag har inte läst igenom allt men när jag läste: "and I said, "Jay, I think I'm deaf." He was like, "You can't be deaf." " så tänkte jag def som i bra........höhöhöh fan det lät mycket roligare i mitt huvud
YO BROTHER YO COUSIN YO AUNTIE’S A BITCH YO GRANDMA YOU UNCLE YO AUNTIE IS GAY YO NIECE YO NEPHEW YO GRANDPARENTS SUCK
"Jo rätt så. Hon opererades och fick tillbaka 20% av hörseln men det sägs i texten att hon kanske kommer att kunna höra med hjälp av nån maskin." -> hearing aids, someone?
Battlerappare
2006-03-15 00:05
What Foxy Brown remembers most about the morning of May 23 is the eerie quiet. The night before, the rapper had fallen asleep with the television blaring, but when she got up, no sound seemed to be coming from it. "I pressed the volume to maybe 60. Nothing," says Brown. " I ran outside to my truck and honked the horn. Nothing. I ran back inside and dialed a number on the phone. Nothing. Then I started breaking down in tears and screaming and I couldn't even hear myself scream. That's when I knew there was a problem." Skönt att hon höjer volymen på tvn, drar ut till bilen o tutar, drar in och börjar slå nummer på telefonen och sist testar om hon kan höra sig själv ^^
:c