I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Jay-Z planerar att skapa Def Jam Left..

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2005-09-12 09:38

Jay-Z planerar att skapa Def Jam Left..

..och de första han har i tankarna att signa är inga andra än Roots.

Jay-Z plans to create Def Jam Left, which he describes as "an artist-driven label with very low deals so people are not pressured by first-week SoundScan , so we can build artists."
The Def Jam president is hoping to make the Roots the first group signed to the label.

"I'm talking to the Roots right now," he said. "I'm confident to put out there that we might make this happen. The label would probably begin at the top of the year, but I hope to have the Roots signed by the time they get off their international tour."

"You all are hearing things from me -- you just haven't heard an album," he says. "Who knows? I'm still going in the studio, getting on remixes and things like that. But it's the people. When people want something bad enough, it happens. And they want it bad (laughs). I'm trying to hold out, but I don't know how long I can."

Källa