I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Cee-lo & Dangermouse samarbetar på en

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2005-05-25 09:59

Cee-lo & Dangermouse samarbetar på en

fullängdare. Hittade på illcomunity:

Danger Mouse and Cee-Lo Team Up as 'Gnarls Barkley';
Eyeing End of Summer For Debut CD

(5/23/05 - Los Angeles, CA) - Waxploitation Music Corp announced today that Famed artist/producer Danger Mouse and the flamboyant, one-of-a-kind force of nature Cee-Lo announced today they are putting the finishing touches on a collaborative project called The Gnarls Barkley.

Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse began working on the album last year, but Danger Mouse's Grey Album and Cee-Lo's Soul Machine albums dropped at about the same time resulting in both artists becoming sidetracked.

"We are the perfect combination,” says Cee-Lo. “This album is one of the best platforms for me to express all of me. I get to expand my range and hit all categories from Urban, Crossover, Pop, and Rock and Roll. Danger Mouse’s production is so futuristic and my lyrics are used as a vehicle to bring it home.

Cee-Lo is a founding member one of the leading Dirty South super groups Goodie Mob. His debut solo album Cee-Lo Green and His Perfect Imperfections, with hits like "Gettin' Grown" and "Closet Freak" established him as an elite member of next generation R&B/hip hop/neo soul artists. He cemented his acclaimed status with the release of his follow up Cee-Lo Green...is the Soul Machine CD featuring Pharrel and Ludacris.

Danger Mouse recently produced the new Gorillaz album, titled Demon Days, which features De La Soul, Neneh Cherry, Roots Manuva, MF Doom, Ike Turner, Bootie Brown of the Pharcyde, Shaun Ryder, and Dennis Hopper. He had a breakthrough year in 2004, honored as one of the year's GQ Men of the Year (alongside Kanye West), SPIN named him their "Eccentric Genius of the Year", he was hailed as "The Hottest Hip-Hop Producer in the World" by NME, honored with Album of the Year by Entertainment Weekly as well as being added to Q Magazine's "Industry's 100 Most Influential People". Danger Mouse will soon release his long awaited collaboration album with MF Doom, under the name DangerDoom, as a joint venture between Epitaph Records and , in association with Rhymesayers and Waxploitation Music Corp.

Danger Mouse gained notoriety after producing the infamous Grey Album, a unique hybrid of work touted as the one of the most intriguing hip hop productions of all time, an album which forever raised the bar on hip hop experimentalism, dubbed a 'bootleg masterpiece' by GQ. With one million downloads in just one week and an ensuing battle between major record companies, the media, and copyright advocates, the Grey Album is considered a watershed moment in music history.

i roll like a bat out of hell