I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Hip-Hop Facts (värt att läsa)

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2005-05-14 19:57

Hip-Hop Facts (värt att läsa)

Hittade detta på annan forum:

Fabolous's name is actually an accident. He appeared on a mixtape and spit a verse that got him buzz. His name at the time was Sport but on the verse he spelled out that he was "F-A/B-O/L-O/U-S/ (incorrectly, I might add) but everybody was talking about him and thought he was spelling out his NAME! He HAD to be, who would:

1) Say they're fabulous on a track? What straight dude would describe himself that way?
2) He spelled it wrong ON PURPOSE (Ludacris, Kokane, Grafh) that's what rappers always do!

It all came to a head when Clue himself introduced him to people as Fabolous "that ain't my name, man" he said to Clue. Clue shrugged his shoulders and said "Shit, well it is NOW!" Since Clue was calling himself I. Will Holla or William H. Holla on mixtapes, Fab piggybacked and said he was William H. Bonnie on a verse....the REAL William H. Bonnie was, of course, Billy The Kid's government name.

Actually, according to Fabolus when he was introduced by coming out with Nate Dogg on 106 n park, he didnt even spell the name. It was just that he had like two different cuts of him saying "im fabolous, bla bla bla" but it was just his accent, and people thought he was saying his name. He never actually SPELLED it on a track.

Jay-Z signed Beanie sigel when he heard him spit an ill freestyle at a live "The Roots" Show.

Joe Budden's birthplace is harlem.

People Close to outkast's Big Boi actually thought Andre 3000 was Gay. (heh, i wonder why )

Sheek was the nickname given to dude in Yonkers, (Sheik- a rich Arab of high social standing) he CHOSE the surname Louch, a derivative of Luciano, as in the famous criminal Lucky Luciano.

Jadakiss is actually Jay Da Kiss. In mafia movies you're not killed by your enemies, but by your closest friend and the sign that let's you know you're gonna get merked is the Kiss Of Death, a kiss on the check that's given by the man that will personally kill you. Lyrically, he believes that when gets on a track his style and delivery represents the same signifigance of that event. The kiss of death is given to any emcee listening.

Chino XL was once in the studio with Kool G Rap, recording a track for a Sway & Tech album, called "3 To The Dome". After G Rap was done recording his verse, he threw his rhyme sheet into the bin. Chino took the crumpled-up sheet of paper out of the bin and kept it as a souvenir, because he's such a big fan of G Rap.

For the artwork in the 36 Chambers album - as well as the early Wu videos - Ghostface had his face covered with a stocking because he was wanted for armed robbery at the time.

- "This one here just might be my masterpiece..."