I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Slug & Murs startar Imprint (Women records)

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2005-04-12 21:46

Slug & Murs startar Imprint (Women records)

Japp, tydligen har slug & murs enligt senaste numret av Jive Magasine startat upp ett nytt skivbolag genom rhymesayers. Det första bandet som tydligen kommer att släppa genom bolaget blir Vox Vermillion. Bandet spelar tydligen (om man ska gruppera dom som något) Indie-Pop.

Artikeln:
"SLUG AND MURS LAUNCH ROCK LABEL IMPRINT, WOMEN RECORDS, THROUGH RHYMESAYERS.VOX VERMILLION ALBUM SLATED AS DEBUT RELEASE, OPENING ATMOSPHERE DATES.

It's an unlikely scenario, to say the least. Two stalwarts of underground hip-hop launching a rock imprint through one of America's most respected hip hop labels. Women Records, the brainchild of Slug (Atmosphere) and Murs, was founded as an outlet to release music of the bands that they were discovering in their hometowns (Minneapolis and LA, respectively) and while on tour."Murs and I started Women due to the fact that we had become friends with so many bands that we liked, who needed to get their music heard. Rather than continue to just loan money to these kids to self release their albums, we decided to use our experience to help create a vehicle for them," explains Slug. Women quickly inked an imprint deal with Rhymesayers Entertainment, building on Atmosphere's long-time relationship with the label, as well as shared vision and staunchly independent ethos.

Vox Vermillion's debut album, Standing Still You Move Forward, is set as the inaugural full length release* for Women/RSE, May 19th. The St. Paul, MN based co-ed quartet's sound is distinctive: while a two-keyboards, bass, drums sounds like an easy recipe for a dance punk or nu new wave ensemble, Vox Vermillion stay off the dance floor. The band's sound subscribes to a warm indie-pop classicism, their piano-propelled punch reminiscent at times of both Denali and Spoon. Frontwoman Kelly Crawford's vocals are dynamic - veering from lush and dramatic to terse and restrained.

The band will be supporting the upcoming release by opening at the tail end of the Atmosphere tour."

(hittade ett inlägg om detta på restiform bodies forumet och tänkte att det nog kunnde intressera en del folk här)...

Håll till godo...