I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

jigga vs nas (hela historien)

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2004-10-18 21:48

jigga vs nas (hela historien)

saxat från allhiphop.com, intressant läsning för dom som inte är så insatta i beefen:

I remember when I first heard about the IC 2 years ago, I had started posted under the name Paper Soldier and I remember when I had first got to 150 posts I was excited because I could make threads finally. I remember the first thread I created was The Real Reason why Jay-Z and Nas had beef So Stop Asking. I broke down the whole story in a real unbiased way and I remember the responses went through the roof, I also remember being hyped because my thread made it to the front page of ahh and stayed their for about a week and a half.. I have noticed 2 years later that there is a lot of newbies on this board who still don’t know why Sean Carter and Nasir Jones have beef so once again im gonna break it down.

Sean Carter met Nasir Jones through Jaz-O who knew him from Main Source, this was around the time of Live at The Barbeque and when Jay was rolling wit Original Flavor. Nas was on the underground circuit and was building a heavy following, and the first time Jay heard Nas spit he became a fan instantly mesmerized by his smooth and vivid picture lyrics. Jay had let Nas know from the start that he was a fan. So from there their was a little friendship built.

Nas went on to drop Illmatic and put the streets of New York on lock as the best lyricist while Jay was still a struggling rapper still trying to get a deal. But when Jay finally got his deal from Priority records he already knew how he wanted his first and last cd to go. He wanted to explain the paranoia and feeling of a hustler locked in the game wit no other means of survival, and he wanted guest appearances from Foxy, Jaz-O, Sauce Money, Bleek, B.I.G. & Nas. Jay figured that since him and Nas had a little friendship and a mutual respect that he wouldn’t mind being a guest appearance on his album with a song wit him & B.I.G. But Jay figured wrong because Nas declined the guest appearance saying that he wasn’t doing songs wit B.I.G. because he rolled wit Ghost & Raekwon and they didn’t like Biggie and considered him a biter, also Nas took a shot at B.I.G. with a fake King Of New York line on a mixtape. So Jay switched the song that he did wit Big and called it Brooklyn’s finest.

So with no Nas collabo Jay decided he wanted Nas on his LP one way or other so he asked Ski to loop Nas’s line in Who’s World Is This (“I’m out for Presidents to Represent Me Get Money!!!!!!!) and he named the song Dead Presidents. Nas was furious of his voice being sampled without his authorization and was mad that Jay only had to pay searchlite publishing to sample his voice. This made Nas heated so he spoke to Jay about it and Jay told him that he was a fan and just wanted him on his album and that his line from Who’s World Is It fit his Dead Presidents song perfect. Nas decided to dead the whole situation and told Jay everything was cool, so Jay invited him and AZ to his Dead Presidents video shoot and Nas accepted. When it came down to do the video AZ only showed up without Nas. (remember the monopoly shot on the Dead Presidents video, Nas was supposed to be one of the players in the game)

chase the clouds away