I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Mos Def släpper nytt i spetember!

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2004-07-16 12:16

Mos Def släpper nytt i spetember!

'Danger': Mos Def Returns In September
Rapper Mos Def will release his long-in-the-works sophomore solo album, "The New Danger," Sept. 28 via Geffen. The 18-track set will feature the tracks "Boogie Man," "Ghetto Rock," "Close Edge," "Y.E.A." and "Bed Stuy Parade and Funeral March," among others. Mos Def was previously signed to Rawkus, which was absorbed earlier this year into Geffen.

"The New Danger" is the follow-up to 1999's acclaimed "Black on Both Sides," which debuted at No. 3 on Billboard's Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and has sold 703,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Mos Def has since been semi-active with the rock-oriented band Black Jack Johnson. The combo has toured on several occasions and was said to be working on an album for Rawkus, although it has not yet seen the light of day.

However, Black Jack Johnson/Living Colour drummer Will Calhoun will serve as the musical director for the Mos Def Big Band performance Aug. 27 at Delacorte Theater in New York's Central Park. Beyond his own compositions, Mos Def plans to showcase material by Gil-Scott Heron, Chick Corea and Miles Davis, among others.

The new album will be supported by a fall tour, with personnel yet to be confirmed. In the meantime, Mos Def is busy shooting the big-screen adaptation of Douglas Adams' novel "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," due to hit theaters sometime next year.

In other news, Mos Def received an Emmy nomination today (July 15) for outstanding lead actor in a minseries or a movie for his role in the HBO original film "Something the Lord Made." He can also be seen as the host of the cable network's "Russell Simmons Presents Def Poetry," the fourth season of which premieres Sunday.
-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Källa: http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/articl e_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000579112

"...and you can Quote me on that"