I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Intervju med La the Darkman

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2004-05-16 16:21

Intervju med La the Darkman

Den är inte helt ny, men jag tänkte att den kan vara intressant för folk här ändå. Han snackar lite allmänt om grejer och om nya albumet. Lägg speciellt märke till producenterna... jag undrar varför inte andra i Wu följer hans exempel :|

----

I would like to thank Wu-Fam/Killa Bee member LA The Darkman for taking time out from recording his new album, Darkman II to complete the Interview EXCLUSIVELY 4 Wutangcorp.com

PS: D2 = Darkman 2, LA's album he is currently working on.

Wu-Corp: Where did you grow up? What was the neighborhood like?

LA: Crown Heights,Brookln ny its a real hood bordered by bed stey & flatbush its ghetto!

Wu-Corp: How many years you been writing/MC'ing?

LA: I been writting 10yrs since I was kid!

Wu-Corp: Whats your favorite Wu-Tang songs?

LA: Cream, Its yours, triump

Wu-Corp: Who In the Wu Clan are you most close with?

LA: Rza Gza & Mef just cause we see each other more but I'm cool with everybody!

Wu-Corp: Why did u choose 'LA the Darkman' as your rap name?

LA: My name Lason La for short & I'm a very Darkman talking pigmentation!

Wu-Corp: Give us the 411 on your crew the Sing Sing Killaz...

LA: SSK that's the Gang, you'll here from em on my album!

Wu-Corp: what are your influences in music? you seem to have a jamacian vibe with your music, where does that stem from?

LA: I mainly influenced myself but I liked mc such as Rakim,Krs One,Slick Rick,Chuck D, the jamaican side is from my pops his father my grandfather is from kingston, that's the vibe its real!

Wu-Corp: Who would u like to work with outside of Wu?

LA: I would like to work with Alicia keys 4 sho!

Wu-Corp: How did the connection with Vanilla Ice come about?

LA: I connected with Ice on the hip hop witch movie set, he said he liked my album & he wanted to polly with me we linked up & I ghost wrote a couple songs in texas with him!

Wu-Corp: Other than being an mc, have you experimented with production at all? If not, any plans to?

LA: Na I executive produce as far as sounds but I might one day

Wu-Corp: What do you expect to be different in DarkmanII compared to heist of a century?

LA: D2 is crazy,its mature,its potten,pure,the Heist was for then D2 is for now

Wu-Corp: Give us the low down on Darkman II...

LA: My beats are stupid,I got the best producers Carlos 6th July Broady,Rza,Havoc,Alchemist,premier,pete rock & shotti from sing sing killahs!

Wu-Corp: What record label will It come out on?

LA: D2 is on my own label SSR ent. I'm setting it off!

Wu-Corp: Got a release date for It yet?

LA: I haven't finished the hole album yet I'm still adding & subtracting beat as I count down still adding producers, I'm dropping a wax single 2 songs, may 1st in wax stores everywhere, I'ma drop 2 singles before the album, wax in stores may 1st!

Wu-Corp: Which artists In hip hop are you feeling right now?

LA: Really I'm listening to old albums like Ice cube 1st lp, Jay-z 1st lp, Nas 1st lp, Methodmans 1st lp & Raekwons 1st lp!

Wu-Corp: What was the last album you bought?

LA: Jay-z black lp

Wu-Corp: How did you hook up with Havoc from the Mobb?

LA: Me and mobb deep hooked up at the freeknic in atlanta just wildin out reppin ny, then we linked up back in ny in the studio fa the soul assissin lp, I told Havoc I want some beats he said he fell my joints we did it that's fam

Denna användare har skrivit alla inlägg där användaren har tagits bort från whoa.