I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

nas, eminem, jay-z, etc. anv. sig av ghostwriters?

Utländsk Hiphop - Allmänt

2004-04-12 12:13

nas, eminem, jay-z, etc. anv. sig av ghostwriters?

hittade en jävligt intressant text på ett annat forum. detta postades från början (av en underground-rappare?) på infamous mobbs forum.

--- START OF QUOTE ---------------------------------------- -----------------

Fu-k what you've heard about the industry to now, fu-k all major record labels and fu-k all major recording artists as well, fu-k Nas, Jay, Em, Nelly, Chingy, Jermaine Dupri, Dr. Dre, Russell Simmons, The ROC, All Of Shady, Desert Storm, R. Kelly, Fabolous, Joe Budden, all mainstream rappers I haven't mentioned. Let me tell you the real industry............

I've been signed for about 4 months now to a major label and now I wish I never started rapping, producing, or even getting into the music business, I'm going to college. You know why underground rappers never shine?? You wanna know why it's so hard to get a deal?? You wanna know why some artists can write 6-7 albums while some cats struggle to write one?? You wanna know why It's more A&R's that exists on labels than it is actual artists on the label?? You wanna know why Interscope is suppressing the whole Eminem thing??

Here Goes.......

Most cats believe they can get a deal by spittin' some sick lyrics or making some good songs, wrong. You know what labels do?? A&R's don't look for artists, not at all, Labels sign around 25 artists per decade and then freeze signings. A&R's don't go look for the next big artists, they look for hit songs and writing pools and people who can sing backup vocals. A&R's aren't worried about finding artists with star quality that have interesting backgrounds, oh no, not at all.

Here's how they do rappers.........Raping-U-Records artists are starting to get old and played out so they send an A&R out to find a punkass rapper who lives in a respectable area. Next, they make sure the artist is marketable, then they'll sign the artist. Now Rapper A has a record deal with no previous history of rapping, next the label will setup a front to make it look like they discovered the artist (might sign a kid first, then set it up to make it look like this kid was rapping in front of a crowd at a gas station where a highly known A&R just happened to be getting gas from).

Next, they'll sit down with the artist and have this reality talk to them, explaining to them that the industry is a business and none of this is real. Now, they'll overexagerate their background and even lie about their age and where they grew up, they'll push a suburban to a harder area then they're really from. They find a an angle (pop's died, parents divorced, got shot, sold drugs, friend died) and push that angle to build the artist sentimental respect (who likes a punk who lived a perfect life??). They'll use that angle to build a story around them and how that event or events affected them.

Now, they hit the studio, right?? Wrong!! Now here is what real A&R's are meant for. They'll send out their A&R's and stupid cats like me will kill to get the demo in their hands, once these A&R's have a good number of SOLICITED demo's they'll tell Rappers B, C and D to send the label some material. Rappers B, C and D think they might get a deal, so they get their demo package together with Bio, Pic's, Press Kit and the actual demo. They probably tellin' their guys that they finna get signed and ish. Wrong........

"du är inte en stor hund, du är mer som Toto, du har inga pengar"