I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Parcel-Intervju i Tjeckisk Webbtidning

Svensk Hiphop - Audio & Video

   

2007-01-24 20:56

Parcel-Intervju i Tjeckisk Webbtidning

Ok, vet inte om nån kan tjeckiska här på whoa, men om inte så kan ni ju alltid prova babelfish eller nåt sånt.

Tolvan jag gästar på ska landa hos mig i Sverige inom nån vecka nu, så vill ni köpa är det bara skicka ett meddelande så hör jag av mig när jag har dom.


Cream.cz

| Axel | Xeilon Productions | Laxmacka Crew | DJ Yxmördarn
| www.xeilon.com | www.mofetajerre.se | www.ismen.se

2007-01-24 21:00
Grymt med intervju där! Synd att man inte fattar nåt, ser fram emot tolvan iaf. Europa is the shit, grymt att folk blickar utåt...

2007-01-24 21:34

Ibland är man rätt dum. Jag har ju svarat på frågorna i den, så det vore ju rätt sjukt om jag inte hade en översättning själv.


---------------------------------------------------------------


Xeilon interview


Hi Parcel, I must admit that I haven ´t heard of you until now, so could you introduce yourself?


Hey. I’m a Rapper/Producer/Songwriter from Sweden. Nowadays I work out of Stockholm but I was born in the town Borås, a bit east of Gothenburg. I’ve been makin beats for something like 8-9 years now. Been on the rap tip for about five years, and it went from a hobby to a job over the last three. Started a production company called Xeilon Productions two years ago and things keep movin in the right direction, ya know?

Can you tell us what you have released so far, who you have worked with?

Since I started the company we’ve released a bunch of records. Various artists but tied together by my production and all the magic goes down in my studio. I made a whole album with my man Niprone where I put my own rappin aside and stayed behind the boards. It got crazy reviews here in Sweden and the promotional track we put up before the release got an incredible 68000+ downloads at the swedish hiphopsite www.svenskunderjord.com (R.I.P).
Myself, I’ve released two self produced, full length, indie records on my own, back before I started the company. The latest two releases was a free netplay I released together with the swedish hiphop site www.whoa.nu and a mixtape called „The Gentlemen’s Club“. The mixtape consists of 22 exclusive tracks over my production and it features, except my own raps, a lot of incredible talent from the town ‚Norrköping‘ in Sweden where I lived and studied music production for a year and a half. Check for Underground Civilians, Alphadeph, Niprone and Joey Six among others at myspace! Lots of great music goin on over there.
My Netplay, some samplers and more info can be found at www.xeilon.com and www.myspace.com/xeilon. Holla at ya boy!

"You use two rap names - Parcel and Xeilon. What´s the difference between them and how did you come up with them?

They’re actually not two rap-names. I was called Xeilon as both a rapper and a producer up until just a short while back. I was never a big fan of the name myself, but since it was there from the start it got to the point where I just couldn’t change the name because of the actual recognition I‘d gotten with it. So I figured I’d separate my company and production from myself as an artist. So I came up with the name Parcel to have a name for rap-projects but I’m still Xeilon behind the boards.
I came up with Parcel after a lot of thinking. I’ve been wanting a name I liked myself for quite a while. I finally thought the name should mean something in the extent of me being diverse in my artistry. I make my own beats, rap, record, mix, master, make the graphic designs and release my own records on my own label. A complete package. Parcel is a synonym for package. Finally it stuck with me and I made it official.
Regarding Xeilon. Well.. As a young’n before I really got into music I had two other major interests. I was into a lot of books and my old Nintendo. I wanted my own name for the games, so influenced by some of the books I read I thought up Xeilon. So the actual first appearence of the name was in the first Zelda game on NES. The coming solo-projects will be as Parcel though.

Looptroop are very popular out here. What´s your opinion on their music?

Looptroop in sweden is almost an institution. They were one of the premier underground acts back in the days and I remember seeing them on their Modern Day City Symphony Tour. First album was just out and there wasn’t a swedish hiphop head who wasn’t in to them.
Nowadays they’re in my opinion not as prominent on the swedish scene and I expected more from Promoes latest solo joint with a single as hot as that. But they’re still up there making great music, doing their thing, and you can’t hate on that.

| Axel | Xeilon Productions | Laxmacka Crew | DJ Yxmördarn
| www.xeilon.com | www.mofetajerre.se | www.ismen.se

2007-01-24 21:35

You rap in english. Do you think it´s possible to succeed with raping in swedish?

Nowadays it’s without a doubt damn hard to succeed in Sweden. The public download the tracks and record sales have been down in Swedish Hiphop for years. To blow up you need serious crossover potential and a big portion of luck. The labels don’t sign rappers unless they already proved their value with a big hit, so it’s a constant struggle to reach anywhere at all.
But I still go hope. Hiphop/rnb has never been as big as it is now and if we could just open the public‘s eyes to the talent inside the country with the right promotion it could blow up crazy. Peoples are hungry and the music never sounded better. 2007 gon be a great year!

You are featured on the new single from czech producer Dysmusax. How did you connect with him?

He got at me through myspace with a proposition. Sent over some beats and I liked what I heard. So we just took it from there and voilá.

Have you heard any czech hip hop?

I’ve heard some track here and there but not a lot. I’ve seen some Czech acts at the German Hiphop Festival Splash but I have to admit I don’t know that much. I planned to go to hiphopkemp last year but my plans fell through. Hopefully we can make something happen there this summer and I can educate myself a bit!

Besides your new single with Dysmusax wha else can we expect from you?


Right now I’ve been in the studio with a swedish group called Ismen, working on their new album where I produce most tracks and feature with some verses. It’s all in Swedish so that’s a bit of a new field for me, but it’s coming along great and the finished tracks are straight fire.
Besides that I’ve begun working on my new project under my a.k.a. Parcel. It’ll be entirely in English and I’ve got a mixtape and an album planned. It’s looking like it’s gon be a real soulful album with a lot of vocal harmonies and I’ll even be singing some verses this time around! The mixtape gon be out some time this spring/summer and the album a couple of months after that, so watch out for that!

This year is almost at its end. What´s your biggest wish for the new year?

Well, I just want things to continue in the direction they goin right now. The struggle goes on ever forward! I hope my coming album will turn out as great as I picture it and that people feel it enough to get me on a good sized tour this summer. Hopefully with a few stops in Czech Republic as well! And finally I wish european hiphop will keep growing and we can make 2007 the best year yet!

OK, that´s all. Thank you very much. Would you like to add anything?

Big up to Dysmusax and Blind Deaf Records!
Love to the Czech hiphop heads and all of the Ruckablaow peoples!
Xeilon Productions 2007!
Peace!

| Axel | Xeilon Productions | Laxmacka Crew | DJ Yxmördarn
| www.xeilon.com | www.mofetajerre.se | www.ismen.se

2007-01-25 10:30
hahaha hoppas d inte va du som översatte skiten, tycker synd om dej isf
Ays' N 'Beez - Escapades ! Available for free download @ RustyLabel.se & Spotify

2007-01-25 13:54
Riktigt skön intervju faktiskt!

2007-01-25 17:10
Shosholoza P16
Om du klagar på engelskan så ska du nog sätta dig i skolbänken igen.
I aint got to breakdance, I aint got to freestyle just to prove I'm hiphop, I'm a grown ass man!
I aint got to write graff, Im allowed to like cash, who you think youre talkin to? I'm a grown ass man!

2007-01-25 17:24
RadiophonicOddity: Tror mer han syftade på personen som översatte det till tjeckiska? Vilket självklart var snubben som ställde frågorna. Och syftade han på engelskan så håller jag med dig. hehe.
| Axel | Xeilon Productions | Laxmacka Crew | DJ Yxmördarn
| www.xeilon.com | www.mofetajerre.se | www.ismen.se

2007-01-25 21:41

RadiophonicOddity P22 haha ja kan min engelska, tro mej.

Xeilon P21 Ja mena, jobbigt att översätta en sån lång text.

Ays' N 'Beez - Escapades ! Available for free download @ RustyLabel.se & Spotify

2007-01-25 23:39
antingen översatte tjecken texten? gosh.
http://www.soundcloud.com/mr-rnbck
http://www.soundcloud.com/brormusik

2007-01-26 14:35
Det lär det vara. Snubben verkar inte vara sådär jätteduktig på engelska heller, så det lär ha vart en del jobb. hehe.
| Axel | Xeilon Productions | Laxmacka Crew | DJ Yxmördarn
| www.xeilon.com | www.mofetajerre.se | www.ismen.se

2007-01-27 03:13

Cool, you go boy.

RAWMUSIC.se - myspace.com/TMK6 - myspace.com/RAWMUSICLABEL

2007-01-27 11:39
"Do you think it´s possible to succeed with raping in swedish?"

Haha. :)

Bra intervju för övrigt. Big up!

2007-01-28 23:53
stylusdef: hahaha. vadå? Han kanske undrade om det var värt ett försök?
| Axel | Xeilon Productions | Laxmacka Crew | DJ Yxmördarn
| www.xeilon.com | www.mofetajerre.se | www.ismen.se