I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

En intressant upplevelse vid Ground Zero i New York.

Övrigt - Vardagsfilosofi

2006-10-22 18:02

En intressant upplevelse vid Ground Zero i New York.

Jag besökte Ground Zero igår och var med om en mycket oväntad upplevelse. Läs på min blog, där jag även lagt dit lite bilder och strukturerat det lite.

www.emil.lqp.se/blog

Ni som mot all förmodan inte vill klicka kan läsa om det här...

---------------------

Today I decided to go down to Ground Zero in south Manhattan. It was easy getting there, the E train from Queens stopped right next to Ground Zero. I didn’t know this but when I started to realise where I was it was as if stepping into another world. The air was so dense, the mood was ambivalent and the images of people jumping out of the twin towers came back to me as I gazed at the hole in the sky scraper horizon. It was surreal. I tried to imagine the dust clouds which were as high as the surrounding sky scrapers. As I walked up the steps to the memorial place the air seemed lighter but the images of crying, bleeding people kept coming in my head and I must have looked confused, looking in every direction, up, down, behind, to the sides. I felt like in one of those movies where they suddenly go back in time and are right in the middle of an inferno. That’s what it was like.

I slowly walked around the fences surrounding Ground Zero. Big pictures where posted like an exhibition on the fences, showing the diversity of people, the trauma, the tragedy, the humanity. A young man was standing next to me with a small girl in his arms, rocking back and forth slowly, shaking his head. The rest of the world disappeared and became silent as I watched him and heard his silent and dampened cry, hugging the girl closely, burying his face in her jacket. I kept wondering who he was and the fact that the girl was about 4-5 years made me wonder even more who he, who they had lost.

I never would have thought this when I was going there and I kept telling myself to stay composed once I realised what an impact this place had on me, but as the sun was setting behind the beautiful panorama of Manhattan, when I was reading the timeline of the events of 9/11, I couldn’t hold back and I surrendered to my tears. I just stood there, shaking my head, watching the pictures and crying.

http://www.LQP.se - The Portal To Self (ehm, myself, that is)