Guns n roses - one in a million, wtf?! lyssnade på 106,7 idag och helt från ingenstans hör jag axl rose sjunga om niggers och goldchains.. letade upp texten nu när jag kom hem och wtf wtf wtf snackar han om?! jag gissar att han försöker skriva som en redneck men det blir ju mest en hatsång i alla fall. Guess I needed Sometime to get away I needed some peace of mind Some peace of mind that'll stay So I thumbed it Down to sixth and L.A. Maybe your greyhound Could be my way Police and niggers That's right Get out of my way Don't need to buy none of your Goldchains today I don't need no bracelets Clamped in front of my back Just need my ticket till then Won't you cut me some slack Chorus: You're one in a million Yeah, that's what you are You're one in a million, babe You are a shooting star Maybe someday we'll see you Before you make us cry You know we tried to reach you But you were much to high Much to high Much to high Much to high Immigrants and faggots They make no sense to me They come to our country And think they'll do as they please Like start some mini Iran Or spread some fucking disease They talk so many goddamn ways It's all greek to me Well some say I'm lazy And others say that's just me Some say I'm crazy I guess I'll always be But it's been such a long time Since I knew right from wrong It's all the means to an end, I, I keep on movin' along Chorus Radicals and racists Don't point your finger at me I'm a small town white boy Just tryin' to make ends meet Don't need your religion Don't watch that much TV Just makin' my livin', baby, Well that's enough for me Chorus
"Kort efter att Rose anlänt till Los Angeles blev han rånad av en mörkhyad person och detta gjorde honom minst sagt förbannad. Med dessa incidenter i åtanke skrev han senare låten "One in a million", som är baserad på dessa (och diverse andra) upplevelser. Texten har framstått som rasistisk och homofobisk bland allmänheten, dock så har Axl flera gånger tagit avstånd från rasism och homofobi. Låten kom senare att orsaka stor uppståndelse och ilska bland allmänheten, trots att Axl förklarade hur han resonerade kring texten. Denna låt släpptes år 1988 på Guns N' Roses skiva G N' R Lies."wikipedia is your friend!