I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Jamie Foxx = Bob Marley

Övrig musik - Reggae & Dancehall

2006-06-14 08:44

Jamie Foxx = Bob Marley

yardflex.com

Bob Marley Celebrated on Screen

JAMIE FOXX is set to play BOB MARLEY in a new biopic focusing on the reggae icon's early life. Film-maker RACHID BOUCHAREB is set to direct the project which is the brainchild of the ONE LOVE star's widow RITA. Bouchareb says, "I've always liked the story of what made Marley the man. "I want to look at him as a child through to a young man, and how he became interested in Africa."

In the year 1944, Captain Norval Marley married a young Jamaican girl named Cedalla Booker. On February 6, 1945 at two thirty in the morning their son, Robert Nesta Marley was born in his grandfather's house. Soon after Bob was born his father left his mother. He did however give financial support and occasionally returned to see his son.

It was now the late fifties, jobs were scarce in Jamaica, so Bob followed his mother from their home in St. Ann to Trenchtown (West Kingston) to seek employment in the big city. Trenchtown got it's name because it was built over a ditch which drained the sewage of old Kingston. In Trenchtown Bob spent a lot of his time with his good friend Neville Livingstone who people called by his nickname, Bunny.

Also in the big city Bob was more exposed to the music which he had loved, including such greats as Fats Domino and Ray Charles. Bob and Bunny attended a music class together which was held by the famous Jamaican singer Joe Higgs. In that class they met Peter Macintosh and soon became good friends. In the meantime Jamaican music evolving and became very popular throughout the Caribbean due to it's invention of Ska music.

www.Myspace.com/ElephantWise
www.ElephantWise.net