I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

Anti-jamaica policy hos Apple iTunes

Övrig musik - Reggae & Dancehall

2005-05-28 20:40

Anti-jamaica policy hos Apple iTunes

--- Kirk Bonin wrote:
Subject: Re: Buju Banton In South Beach Memorial Weekend!!!
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:47:16 -0700
To: "Ms. Tracii McGregor"

Please remove me from any list having to do with this artist or any Jamaican artist actually.

On May 25, 2005, at 5:05 AM, Ms. Tracii McGregor wrote:
For Immediate Release:
BUJUMANIA JUMPS OFF IN SOUTH BEACH MEMORIAL
WEEKEND!!!
International Reggae Star Buju Banton to Host Star-Studded Welcome to Miami Bashment & Headline 2ND Annual VP Records Memorial Day Concert (New York/Kingston/Miami - 25, May 2005) Gargamel Music, Inc. is pleased to announce that international Reggae artist Buju Banton aka Gargamel will host
the official "Welcome to Miami" pre-concert bash to be held Saturday, May 28th at Pure Night Club in downtown Miami. On Sunday, May 29th, Buju will headline the VP Records Memorial Day Concert at Bayfront Park, his first US performance in over a year.
"Miami has waited a very long time to see Buju Banton on this stage," says Joey Budafuco, President of Rockers Island, the
company responsible for producing both high profile Reggae music events. "We are proud to be the first promoters to bring the Voice of Jamaica back to America so he can continue delivering his uplifting music to the people." Performing alongside Buju Banton at this year's show: Beenie Man, Capleton, Luciano, Sizzla, I-Wayne, Assassin and Edwin Yearwood. Buju Banton's rousing new single "Magic City"
(Gargamel/Fat Beats) has garnered rave reviews from such esteemed publications as The Source and The Beat, which gave the song 5 out of 5 stars. Touch magazine in the UK also gave the single 5 stars and called Buju's forthcoming album Rasta Got Soul "the most exciting and enticing project in years."
Shot over two days in Kingston and Ocho Rios, Jamaica, the breathtaking video for "Magic City" captures intimate snapshots
of island life and triumphs at representing Buju as an evolved
artist. The cliphas been added to MTV Jams, Music Choice, and RETV, Hype TV and Music Plus in Jamaica. Also at press time
the video had already climbed to number 6 on Susie Q's prestigious Reggae Top 10 countdown. "Magic City" can
also be seen on Rockers TV, Video Mix, Video Music Box, Tropical Riddims & Beats, Plush TV, Irie Vision, Mystic Vibes, and Channel U in the UK.

Denna användare har skrivit alla inlägg där användaren har tagits bort från whoa.