I början av Januari 2014 låstes Whoa och du kan alltså ej logga in eller skriva något nytt i forumen. Innehåll i forum osv kommer finnas tillgängligt. Läs Mer »

REGGAE: Earl 16 + Meditative Sounds, Uppsala 11/6

Klubb & Konserter - Övrigt & Utland

2004-06-02 11:17

REGGAE: Earl 16 + Meditative Sounds, Uppsala 11/6

Earl Sixteen(JAM) in session with Meditative Sounds

One of the true heroes of Jamaican music is joining Meditative Sounds for a night of soundsystem pressure.

DATE:
fri. 11/6

AT:
Fredmans(upperfloor),
Drottning.12, Uppsala

Check www.meditativesounds.com for soundclips.

Earl Sixteen (sometimes spelt Earl 16) was born in Kingston, Jamaica 1958. At the young age of 15 he won a talent contest (where Michael Rose was one of the contestants), which became his first step into the music business. With a recording career stretching from early 70´s ´til now, he has worked with some of the major reggae producers worldwide, including Coxsone Dodd (Studio1), Lee Perry (Black Ark), Augustus Pablo, Joe Gibbs, Linval Thompson, Mikey Dread and Mad Professor.

In the mid 70´s he scored a hit with "Malcolm x", later to be covered by Dennis Brown. A couple of years later he was introduced to Lee Perry who wanted him to record in his famous Black Ark studio. The cooperation was a success and resulted in the bonifide roots classic "Freedom".

At the time of writing, Earl Sixteen is still making music and touring extensively throughout Europe.